Smart EQ Connect

I am just trying to get this to run using the PIN/TAN created from the mercedes website.
Do I have to repeat this procedure each time I restart HASS, since the integration has to login again?

Another thing I do not understand: the mercedes website asks for password AND pin.
The smarteq integration only asks for the pin, how can this work?

Hi, I can confirm that even in Italy this Custom Component works perfectly.
I also received the same sensors using the MercedesMe2020 component and using my Mercedes Me account.
Using MercedesMe2020 it is possible to have more information, for example the charge_power attribute in kW visible in the image.
Apologies for my google translate english.

1 Like

Hi drd4x,

very nice card! What did you used?

You also mention Mercedes Me 2020 - do you see Smart EQ also in Mercedes Me app? Because I can’t see my ForTwo there :frowning:

Thanks for this hint. in Mercedes Me 2020 Integration i can also see all the values of my Smart EQ.

Hi, do you see SmartEQ also in Mercedes Me iPhone App??? Me not :frowning: So I do not know if it will work in Mercedes Me 2020 integration and I do not want to break functional SmartEQ Conncet addon.

I will answer myself - from today I can see my Smart EQ also in Mercedes Me app. :grinning:

1 Like

Looks like Mercedes Me mobile app is showing more information then in HA addon Mercedes Me. Some functions like Preconditioning do not work in Mercedes Me mobile app yet. So now I’m using both HA components (SmartEQ and also Mercedes Me).

MercedesME

And SmartEQ

@ReneNulschDE - in MercedesMe Mobile app I can see more information - like Next Service. But there is missing Tyre Status and “Temperig - Preconditioning” do not work at all there. Looks that “developers” from MB are doing some changes without any information to their customers. :frowning:

Hi @maciii ,

i do not have access to an smart car and can’t check this.

Service Interval is an attribute of the Odometer in the MB-Component.

In case you want to share your car data with me, let me know via private message.

BR
Rene

And now Smart is not visible anymore in Mercedes Me mobile app…

When trying to add the integration via HACS - custom repositories it does not work.
I tried these ways:

ReneNulschDE/ha-smart-eq-connect
→ both load for a second, then button is active again.

Then I tried this one:
ha-smart-eq-connect
this loads and loads and loads… nothing happens.

Any ideas?

HACS 1.30.1, frontend 20220906112053

Hi, I have unarchived the solution. (HACS does not work with archived repos).

1 Like

Ah thanks for that!

I now installed it, but I am not able to login (tried it 3 times).
I do not get the PIN.
My account exists and in the mercedes me integration it worked…

Hi, You will get no pin directly as Smart has integrated some protection. (Thats why I stopped the development)

But as always there is a way to get the pin :slight_smile:

1. Put in your email address in the component setup.
  2. When the second “PIN” screen comes up, do the following:
  3. Goto the mercedes benz website (NOT the smart website)
  4. Click on Login in in the upper right corner and type your smart/mb email address (the same like in step 1)
  5. On the next screen select “Login with TAN”
  6. You will receive now a TAN via email. Use this TAN in the dialog out of Step 2.

Tested this today, should work.

BR
Rene

1 Like

Ah tricky, that works fine. Thanks!
No I am trying to find out how to add the “preheat_start” action.

Hi,

there is a HA Service smarteqconnect.preheat_start and you could combine this with a button for example. Take a look here but change the service name