Smart Irrigation - save water by precisely watering your lawn/garden

Hi All,
i’d like to test your integration, but i’m not able to create an account into World Water & Climate Institute.
it’ since yesterday i keep on getting

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Is there anybody who did it in last days?
Are there any other site with this service?

Thank You

it still works for me … give me your cords and I will copy and paste here EVs
format expected:

or just use my username: ciechompl :slight_smile: and do it by yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

but i didi one test … used zip 90001 (CA) in http://www.rainmaster.com/historicET.aspx and got this result:

than I put those cords Lat 33 º 58 ’ 16 " N Long 118 º 15 ’ 15 " E (Los Angeles) into http://wcatlas.iwmi.org/results.asp and got the following:

seems the same place but different results :frowning: … hmmm
@jeroenterheerdt is this correct ? different units or ?

for one, rainmaster shows their data for US only and is in inches. the IWMI is international and in mm. So when you convert the mm to inch (or the other way around) it is actually still a little off, but closer. I would think there are two different datasets being used. Personally I trust the IWMI better.

hehe silly me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, it’s very kind from you.
I used your username (thank you!!!) and got my parameters.

to be honest i had again some difficult to use it…i got some 504 errors again, i suppose due to OpenDNS…

1 Like

A great thank you to all.

Well i setup my system and now i have some stupid advices

1. During configuration there aren’t label to indicate what are the configurations parameters i’m filling. I did some attempts before doing good.
  2. The sensor should have a custom prefix to better identify it. Maybe the name i give during configuration

i’m still working on it, i have to create automations yet.

I have some plants (basil and tomatoes) in my balcony with a micro-dorps system, not yet authomized…but i would like to have time from “Daily Adjusted Run Time” as advice for it.
To be honest after first configuration it tells me that i should open my system less than a second (augh…). Considering that the evapotranspiration logic makes sense, maybe i have to change something…Maybe i have too much drop-sprinkler in only 4 meter x 30cm…

Anyway: my second goal is to setup “Smart Irrigation” for my little “vegetable garden” that is bigger…

Thank Yo again and have a great day

@ppluti007 thanks for the feedback - please share screenshots for #1, because the labels should be there. I just tested it and they are shown.
For #2: yes, that is a known issue and tracked here:https://github.com/jeroenterheerdt/HAsmartirrigation/issues/22

Please feel free to open up issues on that github as well.

ok, i did it with screenshot

Thank You again for your work

1 Like

Hi CiechomPL
can you share your yaml configuration?

I recently installed the rainbird irrigation system. rainbird esp rzxe with lnk wifi module.

I would like to integrate the sprinklers in the home assistant.
The rainbird app is unfortunately junk.

If you can help me I would be very grateful to you.

Thank you.

have a look here https://github.com/ciechompl/HA-yamls/tree/master/Smart%20Irrigation

this is not super clean yaml :slight_smile: but maybe you will make use of it anyway

1 Like

@jeroenterheerdt could you please have a look at pics below … maybe it’s too early to be afraid of :slight_smile: but all calcs looks a kind’a high … hourly shows 20 min now … been raining for 3 days in a row (stopped yesterday ~19:00) but today at 3:00 daily sensor been set to 7 min and now just 8 h later i have already 20 min on hourly sensor …

yesterday I’ve been running still previous version. today morning I updated to 0.0.26 and set only temperature and humidity sensors to my netatmo station … left rain still based on OWM.

I see a rain of 1.16 reported by OWM. Can you check that with other weather services? Is that kind of correct? The daily now takes the average of all the hourly measurements

there was no rain today :slight_smile:
Dark Sky seems to be more correct: https://darksky.net/details/51.2542,22.8761/2020-6-1/si12/en
but anyway, even if rain was supposed to be 1.16 (by OWM) 20 min of irrigation is still high … currently after whole day, hourly sensor looks better , so maybe it was simply an exceptional situation

right - please check out the latest version: https://github.com/jeroenterheerdt/HAsmartirrigation/releases/tag/v0.0.28. I have fixed a couple of bugs in the hourly calculation.

I thank you for this

Has anyone had issues with getting smart_irregation to show up in the integrations page after installing through HACS?

Here’s what I tried:

1. install via HACS
  2. restart home assistant
  3. go to Configuration > Integrations, search for “Smart Irrigation” - nothing
  4. uninstall, reinstall, reboot - nothing
  5. add smart_irrigation: to the configuration.yaml file and reboot - nothing

A few other things I checked for:

• the entities (e.g. sensor.smart_irrigation.daily_adjusted_run_time) are not available either
  • /config/custom_components/smart_irrigation/ directory exists and contains files (alongside other HACS integrations inside the custom_components directory
  • added the following to my configuration.yaml file:
logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.hacs: debug
    custom_components.smart_irrigation: debug
    hacs: debug
  • rebooted and checked home-assistant.log:
2020-06-03 08:56:15 DEBUG (MainThread) [hacs.repository.integration.jeroenterheerdt.HAsmartirrigation] Getting repository information
2020-06-03 08:56:15 DEBUG (MainThread) [hacs.repository.integration.jeroenterheerdt.HAsmartirrigation] Running checks against v0.0.30
  • latest version (v0.0.30) of Smart Irregation installed
  • latest version (1.0.3) of HACS installed
  • I have at least one more HACS integration that is showing up on the integrations screen and working as always so I don’t think it’s an issue with HACS
  • Running on Rasberry Pi 3B+ with Hass.io/HassOS v 3.13
  • latest version ( 0.110.4) of home assistant

Any ideas? Looks like a great integration, way better than whatever custom “smart” schedule I was going to write for my sprinkler system.

Hi and welcome to the community! You should not have to do anything with your yaml files, this component only uses the UI. Please remove any reference to the component from your UI and yaml files first. Reboot. Remove from HACS. Verify files are deleted from drive. Reboot. Install in HACS. Verify files get recreated. Install from UI.

I got it working! Unfortunately, the standard installation method did not work for me, I’m still unsure why. I tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling, restarting several times.

Here’s what ended up working:

1. install via HACS
  2. restart HomeAssistant
  3. in configuration.yaml, add a new line with: smart_irrigation:
  4. restart HomeAssistant
  5. under Developer Tools > Info, “Smart Irrigation” is now listed
  6. under Configuration > Integrations, “Smart Irrigation” is not yet listed
  7. click the “+” button, search for Smart Irrigation
  8. follow the prompts to set up the integration

Note that when configuring the integration, I had issues on entering the monthly ET values, I had to enter a non-zero value in each field (then re-enter 0) in order for the submit button to be enabled.

1 Like

That is good news! Why did you have to enter 0 for the ET values? With all that set to 0 the component will not do much.