Smart plug with energy monitor

Hi everyone,
I know this topic has been brought here few times. I found 3 posts but didn’t find my answer.
I am looking for a smart plug that I can integrate with HA and has an energy monitor.
Ideally no wifi integration. Looking for Zwave or zigbee.
At this point, price is not a factor.
Thank you for any help.

I have two ZWV Aeotec 6 and 7 and they both do power monitoring2022-05-02 19_05_52-Greenshot
No complaints, a lot of options, easy to connect, install, analyze data.

1 Like

I use this zooz zwave plug for power monitoring. It’s heavy duty and I use it on my washing machine.

Special thanks to @NathanCu for the recommendation. It works great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mwav3 does yours show up in the energy monitoring stats in HA?

Yes I can confirm the plug shows in energy monitoring by looking at “Electric Consumed”

1 Like

Thank you guys for your answers!

1 Like

I’m using a couple of Gosund SP1 with Tasmota firmware

Thanks, I figured out I needed to record the kWh entity first… It showed up right away after that.

1 Like

This is ultra-weird. I had to enable the sensors in the devices dashboard of HA. I went to settings → devices and services → chose the “devices” tab → search for the/my Gosund smart plug. In the middle row, there was a button like “show hidden sensors”. I clicked it, a list expanded, consisting of current, power, voltage. I clicked on each, a popup showed and said “this entity is disabled. activate?” I clicked “yes”, HA said I should wait like 30 seconds, then it appeared on the dashboard.

No need for Tamota.

Next, I’ll try to get the overall consumption into the dashboard, like shown here: Added Tuya smart plugs - where is the energy monitoring? - #10 by Tobse