Smart Refrigerator w/ESP8266

I am a bit confused, as these units are only 9, 12, 15 and 20 volts. I would need 5v and doesn’t seem to be available. Been looking at some different ones however. Nothing seems really appealing so far. Looking for something I can tap the 120v inside the fridge. I am trying to find duplicate connectors for the existing timer plugs so I don’t have to tap into them with wire taps. I want to be able to put it all back to stock quickly if need be. Looks like I have two 120v feeds to chose from. More testing needed.

5 volts is the default in USB-C, the benefit is you get 5 different voltages and high current from a single connector, single wall wart and single plug. Cannot really picture your power configuration. While being in a fridge or freezer means you don’t have a temperature issue, there seems to be a number of minuses. Including high humidity. Good hunting!

1 Like

I am making slow progress in building the Fridge Controller 2.0. I have one side working (Fridge) , but still not installed in actual fridge yet. I have manually defrosted it twice since my last post. Between June storms, flooding, and ten other projects, this one has fallen behind a bit, but made good progress this week in the rebuild. Using copper wire to build circuit traces. It looked easier in the videos than actual production. lol Getting a feel for it now, but still not that easy. I will post photos tomorrow. Too tired now.