Smart under bed night light

I’d like to set up a smart night light that goes under my bed with 2 motion detectors (one for each side). I was looking at the Sonoff L1 LED light strip, but I’m not sure if it has pins to add motion detectors. Has anybody done this before? If so, what hardware did you use to get it going?

Clever idea! Watching this to see how it goes.

Why not separate light and motion detector?

I thought about that and might do it. I thought I could set up separate motion detectors under the bed so it would turn on only one side of the bed depending on motion.

Are you sure you want motion sensors? The light will stay on for a bit when you are back in bed after your toilet visit in the middle of the night. It will only detect motion, and not actual bed occupancy. Look in the forums, there’s a number of topics about alternative bed occupancy sensors that may better fit your need

In my pantry I’m using a Wemos D1 mini with these motion sensors. Running ESPhome on it. It works well. I just have the Wemos switch the LED strip via a relay.

I plan to make a similar one but controlling an addressable LED strip (WS2812 or similar) for under the bed so I can have the colour change depending on the Circadian Lighting custom_component

Regarding @StimpyMGS 's concerns regarding the light on-time, I have a very short duration set (in a HA automation) for my pantry light (20s) so there is no issue with waiting for the light to turn off. That time could be reduced further (the sensor resets on no-motion very quickly) but 20s works well for my pantry.