Smarter Coffee / iKettle

Trying to install it on QNAP Docker Home Assistant image. Having problems with iBrew build. I followed the raspberry pi build procedure, but when I run iBrew it throws
Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/bin/ibrew”, line 4, in <module> from iBrewConsole import * File “/home/hass/iBrew/source/iBrewConsole.py”, line 17, in <module>
from iBrewWeb import * File “/home/hass/iBrew/source/iBrewWeb.py”, line 4, in <module>
import tornado.escape
ImportError: No module named tornado.escape

Anyone observed something like this?

This old hassio addon and the rest sensor still work for me, but I’m using the 2.0 Version of ikettle and smarter coffee.

1 Like

I’m going to try this week! So you are nou able to make coffee with a button in home assistent?

I figured this out. But I have also installed a hassio on raspberry. Now interested to do a build on it . Cant understand the configuraiotn of addon

Someone managed to get the Smarter Coffee working in HA?
I can’t believe there are so less people with a Smarter Coffee who are also using HA.
A smart coffee machine can’t be missing in your setup! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe it’s just because the coffee is not so good the Smarter Coffee is brewing haha

Did you try the add-on? Both iKettle and Smarter Coffee still work here. Now even with their own lovelace cards :wink:

This is what i get when i try to add this addon:

19-04-12 17:51:50 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/9dd13c5f/ibrew/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None
19-04-12 17:51:50 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/9dd13c5f/ftp-backup/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None

Maybe i gave up to soon!
Will try to get it working in a few days!

Can’t get it to work… How did you get the addon working?

Can you point me a little in the right direction?
I only have a smarter coffee, not “yet” the kettle… :wink:

Unfortunately they have introduced one of the dreaded breaking changes recently.

Forking the repsitory and adding the arch parameter on your own or downgrading to an earlier version of home assistant seem to be the only alternatives :frowning:

Edit: Made the changes myself:

Install the add-on, start it and see if your coffee maker is seen by the add-on’s webui.
Then add the ibrew api parameters you need to Home Assistant:

sensor:
      - platform: rest
        resource: http://<home assistant ip>:2080/api/<smarter-coffee ip>/status
        name: smarter_coffee_status
        scan_interval: 20
        value_template: '{{ value_json.status.ready }}'

rest_command:
  make_coffee:
    url: 'http://<ha ip>:2080/api/<coffee ip>/brew/default'

And finally a script like:

make_coffee:
    sequence:
      - condition: and
        conditions:
          - condition: state
            entity_id: sensor.smarter_coffee_enoughwater
            state: '1'
          - condition: state
            entity_id: sensor.smarter_coffee_carafe
            state: 'True'       
      - service: rest_command.make_coffe

You are a hero!

Addon installation is going wel, i only got the message:
No coffee machine or kettle found

I have to open port 2080 on my router isn’t it?
I can open the http://myhablabla.duckdns.org:2080/ page, on that page i can’t see any infoabout my coffee machine…

Thanks!

You shoud just see it when you use the “Open Web UI” link. It is visible if you own the Smarter Coffee or iKettle 2.0. Unfortunately it seems that the ibrew Software does not work with iKettle 3.0 or Smarter Coffee 2.0 (the versions that support Alexa and IFTTT).

Sorry, if I led you on a wrong path here :frowning:
But even if Smarter have locked their devices now, you should at least be able to trigger the coffee making from Home Assistant using IFTTT or the upcoming Alexa component.

Ahhh that’s to bad.
Maybe in the future it’s fixed by someone.
Going to try it through ifttt.

Tnx

I have the ikettle version 1, anyone know how i can trigger the legacy commands against the addon from within HA?

Hi I added your repo but the add-on for the ikettle isn’t showing up… any chance you could point me in the right direction as keen to get the kettle into HomeKit !

I just tried it with a fresh VM and it should still work.
Add “https://github.com/ManInSoHo/hassio-addons” as a new repository and the two add-ons from Michael Leinich will show at the end of the list. If there is a problem, the error message can be found under hass.io->system.

If everything went well (including start of the add-on) you should see something like:

19-09-30 10:52:23 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.store.git] Clone add-on https://github.com/ManInSoHo/hassio-addons repository
19-09-30 10:52:25 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.store] Load add-ons from store: 62 all - 2 new - 0 remove
19-09-30 10:52:50 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Create Home Assistant add-on data folder /data/addons/data/22203b89_ibrew
19-09-30 10:52:50 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 22203b89/amd64-addon-ibrew:0.0.4
19-09-30 10:53:47 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.docker.addon] Build 22203b89/amd64-addon-ibrew:0.0.4 done
19-09-30 10:53:47 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Add-on '22203b89_ibrew' successfully installed

i get an error when i add the repository

WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.store.data] Can’t read /data/addons/git/9dd13c5f/ibrew/config.json: required key not provided @ data[‘arch’]. Got None

Hello,

I try to use this add-on but not working in my VM.

view my log:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[Info] Starting iBrew docker!
[INFO] Startting ibrew Web
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/app/iBrew/ibrew", line 4, in <module>
    from iBrewConsole import *
  File "/home/app/iBrew/source/iBrewConsole.py", line 17, in <module>
    from iBrewWeb import *
  File "/home/app/iBrew/source/iBrewWeb.py", line 4, in <module>
    import tornado.escape
ImportError: No module named tornado.escape
[cmd] /run.sh exited 1
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

I don’t understand the problem.

Sorry for my english i’m french and not speak english ^^

nobody?? :frowning:

I get the same, but can’t work out what the error means.

This same here. There is already opened old issue on github regarding to this error. Some info also here. Unfortunatelly I am an amateur in linux.

BTW: is there opened port 2080 needed?