Smarter SmartThings with MQTT and Home Assistant

Are you or is anyone interested in reworking the bridge code so that it parse the messages from smartthings and makes them workable with discovery function of HA Mqtt?

I’m a novice/amateur at code and think I could do it but it would probably take me months to figure it out. Someone more knowledgeable would be a big help.

Thoughts?

@Artekus
I don’t know if you still need a way to discover SmartThings devices in MQTT, but I’ll post for others benefit…
SmartThings MQTT Bridge does not have discovery, but you can publish a message similar to below on a MQTT client program like MQTTfx in order to discover your devices with MQTT…

Publish to TOPIC…

homeassistant/light/lx_01/config

with PAYLOAD…

{
"~":"smartthings/lx.MCDesk",
"name":"lx_MCDesk",
"stat_t":"~/switch/state",
"cmd_t":"~/switch/cmd",
"on_cmd_type":"first",
"opt":false,
"pl_off":"off",
"pl_on":"on",
"uniq_id":"mcdesk_light",
"dev":{"ids":["LX01"]},
"bri_cmd_t":"~/level/cmd",
"bri_scl":100,
"bri_stat_t": "~/level/state",
"qos":0,
"ret":true
}

with…
QOS = 0
and
RETAIN = true
The above is just an example of how to discover a light that has dimming capabilities. Change the TOPIC and PAYLOAD around to suit your needs.
use this page to help with setup…
MQTT Discovery

Hi Hassies,

Ok so what i am trying to do is bring home ass devices to smartthings using that solution :

My setup is raspbery pi 4 and homes assistant. My simple questions are :

1/ Where should be mqtt brocker installed ? on HomesAssistant ?

2/ MQTT BRIDGE ? on Home assistant ?

That s all i suppose it s easy and fast answers for those who know, hope you can clarify that (remember i am interested in home assistant devices to show in smarthings new app !)

Thank you soooo much

I want this too, I want to be able to control home assistant entities in the new devices panel on my Samsung phone but it will only show smart things devices. I found a GitHub repo that would do this but custom apps don’t seem to work in the new smart things app. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you have any special install directions for me? My ST hub is 330 miles away. I need to access it remotely and access only 1 or 2 devices to complete some special tasks (i.e. - Follow my airbnb calendar “here” (HA) and load the lock code “there” (ST).

Thanks for any ideas or advice.

Hi there, new user to HA and am looking to integrate my ST Home Monitor (i.e. arm (stay)/arm (away)/disarm), but I’m struggling on what to do to get this MQTT Bridge installed. I’m using the HA OS (.vmdk) in a VM, but all the instructions i can find seem to be for Docker. Can anyone help?

EDIT - nvm, I’ve just seen that Smartthings disabled SHM support for external services, so I can’t do it that way anyway.

This appears to be non-functional now. Attempting to add the SmartApp to the SmartThings Android application returns an error saying that it can’t communicate. Everything else up until that step worked as expected.

Edit: When I woke up this morning, the smartapp appeared in the SmartThings app three times. I no longer get an error when changing the settings of the one remaining instance, but this still doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve defined one sensor device on the HA config, and there are no errors on either side, but nothing happens and the device does not show up at all.

Is this thread stale?
No answers since one year back…!

Is the Bridge SW still maintained?