SmartIR - I am totally lost

I added a Broadlink RM4C Mini last night with zero issues. I have 2 devices llinked to it, a window AC and a portable electric heater, which i can manually control from the HA dashboard via buttons. What i cannot figure out is how to use it with SmartIR as climate components. Neither of my devices are “known” and building a new JSON is beyond me. I only need the devices to power on & off. Sending out temperatures isn’t needed because the room thermostat in HA will take care of that. If its too cold, the heater will turn on. Too warm, the AC will turn on. Thats all i need. I tried creating switch templates, but that failed.

Can anyone help?

Have you checked HERE whether your AC-model is already listed? If yes then you dont need to write a new JSON for it. Although it’s not that hard to learn new Broadlink codes.

Neither device is listed, and i cannot fid anything about sending the temperature codes like the JSONs show. I have the button commands already.

For an easy way to learn some codes for your devices take a look at “How I finally managed to learn IR codes to Broadlink RM Pro”.

If you are on a Windows PC and want to go “deeper” (thus writing your own JSON files) check my post HERE. It is really not that hard. Just dig into it and you will see.

I have already learned the button codes for each device, using the remote.learn service. I only need to know how to send those commands through the thermostat integration.