SmartThings Home-Assistant Connect

Hello ppl, i discovered a nive project… Control Home-Assistant from SmartThings App (Like HomeKit for iOS) i try project and works very well. Now my bixby control my lights and shutter… the project is not mine, I am making it known to anyone

4 Likes

Hi @LaBoss thanks for this. How do I install the app? Where do I have to install it?

Thanks

I’m not understanding the need for this project. The emulated here entity can be done away with, you can choose to integrate with the echo or Google assistant either by home assistant cloud or through the individual components… Why add extra kludge?

Maybe because he wants to control his devices with bixby and Google or alexa

Yes which he can do through the ha cloud or through the components (Alexa skill). There is absolutely no reason to bring in the Smartthings cloud. That will only bring you unreliability, trust me I migrated from there.

After o create app on website go to smarthings app

I use to control for mobile interface is integreted on one ui and liked homekit so is nice interface

1 Like

Hi @LaBoss thanks for your reply.

Can you please explain how did you configure the smart things IDE part? Which code do I have to use as there are many?

Thanks.

Login on https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/apps

And Create a app in “My SmartApps”

On next screen select

And past code in https://github.com/gurase/SmartThings-Home-Assistant-Connect/blob/14697ed8dec037818d6722ae9d241d3375c96db6/smartapps/gurase/home-assistant-connect.src/home-assistant-connect.groovy

After create click on App, on top is a new button App Settings, configure hassUrl and token

Now create Device Handlers

Go to My Device Handlers and create new select “From Code” and past code from threre ( do the same for the 3 links)

Now go to SmartThings app on you mobile and install Home Assistant Connect SmartApp in Marketplace (under My Apps)

:

1 Like

Hi @LaBoss

So I followed your instructions. However the last step to add the homeassistant smart app on my smart things… i cannot see the homeassistant smart app on my smart things in the market place. I have published the app in the smart things api and I have also published the device handlers.

Any help?

Our account is the same on API and Mobile Phone?

Ok had to sign out and sign in again it works fine now many thanks

@LaBoss Huge thanks sharing this! I can now control my home with my Samsung watch!

I get an error message while adding the smart app (Home Assistant Connect) into the SmartThings app. I can see the smart app in smart apps when I try to add the smart app, the entity screen come up, but there is no entity shown to select. Nevertheless, I tap the done button, and the error message comes up which " there is a problem on your internet connection.". How can I solve this?

@GodOdin Hey, have you found out how to fix this? I’m having the same problems…

Not really, I gave up.

Same error here :confused: would appreciate a developer making a comeback in this project

Thanks a lot for your sharing of this. It works on my phone.

Hi, do you have a Smartthings hub? I use only the app on my phone end I can’t find the smart app after installed on ide. Help!

It works well without hub. You have to Publish your “SmartApp” and “Device Handlers” in order to view it in your phone.

No i only use the “SmartApp” and works fine