Snapcast Server, Snapcast Client and librespot repository

Can someone guide me to install mopidy?
The edge repository tells me that it is not available for my system.

Try this repository on add-on store: https://github.com/kentloving/hassio-addons

Trying to update to Snapcast Server v0.20.0 … shouldn’t rebuild do the trick? Seems like its still pulling the 0.19.0 when I do that.

That is strange but it happened to me as well - even there is newer version of snapcast already available in Alpine edge repos. I solved this by opening bash shell to this docker instance and updating snap packages manually using apk. If someone knows why rebuild is not using latest sources automatically?

Can’t get SnapCast to connect in Mopidy. I can connect from the client and from my mobile device but Mopidy claims my SnapCast server is disconnected…

Still trying to configure the audio sink, but as already mentioned I get the error with the unrecognized command.
I installed the Mopidy version of https://github.com/kentloving/hassio-addons

Unfortunately I’m not able to install the newest version from the edge repository due to hardware incompatibilities…

Any progress on this one?

Is there any luck for me running Hassio on an RPI4? It seems like maybe I’m stuck becuase libspotify and a mopidy, etc. require 32bit and/or amd64? The raplh’s and ken’s don’t seem to work with 2021.09.0 and the edge repository mopidy is not compatible.

This is a bummer because I specifically went from debian with Home Assistant docker to Hass.o based on the multiroom audio blog post on HA and the mopdiy addon…oh well, guess this is part of the process/fun. Really wish there was some focus on getting the community away from Google/Alexa. That seems to be the core of the mission and there aren’t any solutions that aren’t super advanced. Thanks everyone here for trying.

Anyone who might be able to support on solving this issue?
Snapcast currently won’t start, giving the following message in the log:

**"s6-overlay-suexec: fatal: can only run as pid 1"**

I’m using Virtualbox as VM.

Also seen in this github issue:

Someone needs to add to the config.json

"init": false,

I can’t seem to find this file, where should it be located at?

The file is in the addon repository. It’s the one I linked earlier.

The owner needs to update it. Or you could fork the repo and update it. Then either do a pull request or set it up as your own addon.

Is anyone able to play spotify on HA, and send audio as a Snapcast server

• to other Snapcast Clients?
  • or other WiFi speakers, connected as integrations?

I have made some improvements.

Let me know if it’s working for you!

I will check it out.

I currently have a VM with shapcast running. one of the thing that prevent me from using your solution is that i have several MPD daemons running on the VM.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting to know MPD as well, but since I rely on spotify right now for all my music needs, this is what I came up with.

If you’d help me understand your use case with MPD a bit better, I probably could implement it within this addon as well.

Well I use mpd and the music assistant can be used as client. music assistant don’t uses your main spotify stream. that you use on your phone or with connect. So you can play different spotify playlists in one household using multiple mpd’s and snapcast.

I also have a mpd for messages from Home assistant. I have a script called tts_start that saves the muted state and stream of each snapcast client. then switch the needed snapclients to the mpd for messages and when the stream is idle and a tts stop is triggered reversing the process.

Its only a darn pain in uncomfortable places to make mutiple mpd’s run at the same system. so a addon would be very nice.

I see that having the ability to play TTS via snapcast, just by changing the snapcast group would be amazing. I will dwell on this.

how is your dwelling?

I can’t Install Mopidy this way. Any alternative?

Seems to be going well, I’m using this: GitHub - s-knibbs/snapcast-ha-player: Home Assistant custom integration to enable TTS playback through a snapcast server

And have managed to get it working. Now thinking through the best way to create an automation that plays an announce sound and reads the TTS input string without cutting it off.

Here’s an overview: