Soil moisture sensor icw Sonoff TH10 for garden irrigation

Yes there is actually. This is the only one I could find:

You still need to flash your Sonoff TH but you probably can skip the AD1115. I have not tried.

Iā€™m waiting this one

LILYGOĀ®TTGO t higrow ESP32 WiFi e batteria Bluetooth DHT11 temperatura del suolo sensore elettrolitico fotometrico di umiditĆ  walk280|Circuits| - AliExpress

It should be better than the ble solution

Ih8rain2 Great work!
I am dealing with the same thing right now. Could you share the calculation process or the code, how you get the ā€œnormalā€ reading of soil humidity.
I am struggling with this nowā€¦

Many thanks
Peeter

Sorry for the very late reply. And even the answer is disappointing. I lost all my coding due to a SD card failure.

However the calibration is in the write-up. Once I get it back on track I will let you know but as things are moving now that can take some considerable time.

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I will krank on my own also so when yoy get it running let me know. Sorry for the sd lossā€¦

To finalise my project my life suddenly became easier when Sonoff came with a soil moisture sensor (SONOFF MS01 Smart Moisture Sensor - SONOFF Official )which I linked up to a TH10. Initially it gave strange readings (0-60% instead 0-100%) but once used in my lawn they do pretty well. I have made 2 and I extra waterproofed them with a layer of paint on the electronic side (I didnā€™t open them, I just soaked the casing in paint) and I extended the cable with a Sonoff extension cable of 5m. The connection I also waterproofed by using a combination of paint (spray can) and heat shrink tube to make a water tight connection.
After that I put everything fully underground (nothing is visible). I fixed the cable into a protecting tube but otherwise I just buried just under the roots layer of the grass. Although I am still experimenting with the outcome on face value it all seems to work fine. It is clearly visible when it did rain and also in the morning the moisture level tends to be higher.

In addition I built a rain sensor from a zigbee door sensor and in combination with the sensors I switch on (still manually) my irrigation system.
I will sort of train myself on what basis I switch on/off the irrigation after which I will design the automation.

(btw the dip in the graph was a internet/wifi failure).

The sensors at heavy rain were initially very similar but after some dry days there was some difference in the readings noticeable. I assume that the permeability and composition of the soil could be different at the different locations.

to be conā€™t.