SolarEdge - Energy Module

oh really… yes i made this mistake to not run a cable. i should have know im so disappointed in myself -.-

in setting what do you have to do? i just go in menu Modbus TCP port and enabled it… is this right or should be there some more to config?

awww damn… more problems i see
so yes im thinking to get solaredge module for monitorig power from girid to get full picture of power consumption… but the price is 350€+ and now you tell me i cant even get it to HA without hosting another thing.

it looks ill need to finally get zigbbee controler

yeah ill contact them and see what i get. but i dont think ill get much. (EU works differently)

Thank you for your replay. Have a nice day.

Hi @stegl,

I’m also in the EU… :slight_smile:

I haven’t told you can’t use it without hosting something different.
If only HomeAssistant is using the Modbus TCP connection to the inverter, everything is fine.
Such a Modbus-Proxy is only required, if there are multiple devices that need to connect to your inverter.

We have installed our Solar last year - at that time, without any meter from SolarEdge.
Since then, I also had different issues until I got the system in a way as it is today.

When we installed the system, we had no meter to measure import / export.
I managed to get the modbus connection “somehow” - but the only thing I could measure was the produced energy…

half a year later, the meter got installed, and HA could not connect to the Inverter anymore.
I had to dig into setapp for the first time - to get the connection back - and broke my reporting to the Solaredge API… at that time… ^^

After some more troubleshooting, everything was up and running again.
Then, this year, I got a Wallbox installed, which does need to talk to the inverter (because it does controll charging based on available power from the solar)…

Sure… after this was set up, HA could (again) not communicate to the inverter.
This was the time, when I came accross with the Modbus-Proxy solution to connect multiple devices to the inverter.

1 Like

I’d love to add the SolarEdge battery to the Energy dashboard, but when I click on “add battery system”, I don’t see the battery :-/

The menu says “Energy that went into the battery”, see screenshot below:

But I don’t have a sensor or an entity for that :-/ All I have is an entity for the storage power (charging and discharging with x Wh) and the current storage level. I’ll add a screenshot of all entities below:

Does anybody know how to get that entity? :frowning:

(PS: I don’t have the modbus, and I really don’t want to dig that deep …)

I’m trying to calculate per phase (I have a 3-phase inverter) amp load
During the evening (When no sun) m1_ac_current_a shows the expected load, however when the panels are generating the load increases with that

Does anyone know how we can calculate the actual load per phase ?
Also would be good to have W per phase instead of overall consumption

I use templates to calculate consumption per phase

modbus_phase_a_consumption:
      friendly_name: "Phase A Consumption"
      device_class: power
      unit_of_measurement: W
      value_template: "{{ (((states('sensor.solaredge_i1_ac_power')| int(0) 
                          + states('sensor.solaredge_i2_ac_power')|int(0) 
                          - states('sensor.apf_battery_entity')|int(0))/3
                          - states('sensor.solaredge_m1_ac_power_a')|int(0)))|int(0)}}"

modbus_phase_b_consumption:
      friendly_name: "Phase B Consumption"
      value_template: "{{ (((states('sensor.solaredge_i1_ac_power')|int(0) 
                          - states('sensor.solaredge_m1_ac_power_b')|int(0)))|int(0)}}"

modbus_phase_c_consumption:
      friendly_name: "Phase C Consumption"
      value_template: "{{ (((states('sensor.solaredge_i1_ac_power')|int(0) 
                          - states('sensor.solaredge_m1_ac_power_c')|int(0)))|int(0)}}"

Thanks
Looks like you have two inverters etc
Manually calculating the values it looks close

Now trying to remember how to add template sensors :wink: hehe

1 Like

Thanks @markpurcell
I now how it working, from this we can calculate AMPs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Since yesterday I have a number of solar panels with a solar edge inverter. Today I installed the official integration of Solaredge. Now a number of sensors are coming out and some I can add within the Energy Dashboard
I want to add the energy today but it is not listed

These are the sensors, some cannot be read but I don’t think they are super important at the moment

In the energy dashboard I can choose from the following

I want to see the yield of today’s panels

@Remko

Is it possible to Run the LG RESU10H without the need for a solaredge inverter? As in communicate to it via ModBus directly? That way you coupd wotlre directly to 240V mains?

Hello, I have integrated my Solaredge PV into HA via modbus. Unfortunately, I cannot find the Solar Panels Energy Power entity. Do I have to calculate it?