Solaredge Modbus Configuration for Single Inverter and Battery

Hi guys, I am pretty new to this implementation but I was able to set the whole thing as expected.
Everything is ok BUT I noted a strange issue.
Basically, when Battery is being charged from grid (for example this morning when the battery energy state was <9% and the inverter charged it from grid to reach at least 10%), the Energy Flow Tesla Power Card showed a flow from house to panels and solar production from panel was negative (-844 w). This was recorded from sensor.solar_panel_to_house_w with negative values (see screenshot).
Also, the Grid import showed 2.1kW, while in reality the right import from Grid was 1.089W (and this was reported correctly n the power distribution card.

As soon as the battery was charged to 10% (and grid to battery flow stopped) everything turned back to normal.

It seems something related to calculations. I donā€™t know if something similar has been already pointed out but I would like your opinion on that.

Also, I am a complete noob, but someone can please tshow me how to fix the battery charge needle from continuosly moving? Or is it expected to behave like this? Thanks
Animation

Firstly, immense thanks to the guruā€™s here that have created this and made it possible, my sincere thanks.

Iā€™m having problems assigning the entities to the correct energy mappings. I have a full SE setup with 1 inverter utilising a single RS485 port to communicate to both a SE battery and SE meter (which is a rebadged Wattnode device) all working nicely on modbus and I have enabled TCP Modbus over Ethernet. All devices are recognised by Multi device Modbus but are declared as I1, M1 and B1. I cant seem to find the correct entities to give the correct values. Other posts have different entity labels which doesnā€™t seem to match my meter (Wattnode). Some list ā€˜Inverter ACā€™ for the battery export where I have B1 import/export but these donā€™t correspond to behaviourā€™s. Image attached with complete list. Thank you in advance.

Are you using the guage inside another card? Iā€™ve seen this occur when I was trying to do a state template inside a custom template card.

I use this sensor in the energy dashboard:

This grid to battery is a bit of an issue. I see this happening every now and then but have not found a solution (also didnā€™t spend much time on it, since it happens rarely).

There must be a way too get it correct, but it is a bit of a puzzle for which I need to find timeā€¦

1 Like

I think if you look at the entity idā€™s, they would be the same as in my config. The entity names are not used directly. The overall list looks the same as mine.

I see this happening too, I guess it is because of the update interval and I have chosen to ignore it.

1 Like

Hi @Remko
I have now put al of the dashboard components in, created new dashboard page and added raw code. I may not have done this in the correct process but I notice it will not show graphs until I go to raw code window each time and exit. It then populates although as you can see, thereā€™s a lot of entities which I will need to rename to match mine. I would have though one Solaredge system to another would have had identical entities names. Iā€™m familiar with coding many things but javascript and HA is new to me (plenty of room for errors). I seem to have many solaredge entities automatically disabled too, Iā€™m not sure why. Thanks.

No, this is the gauge right out from @remko config

Thank you so much for your work. This is indeed a minor issue. I am happy it is not a problem in my config.

Will do the same :wink: thanks

@Remco
I have spotted a schoolboy error on my part. I created the ā€˜energy.yamlā€™ file from windows over a samba share and had not realised it used energy.yaml.txt for its filename, now corrected. The dashboard is getting closer but I seem to have issues with the Tesla card now so I suspect I need to change all of those entities for solaredge equivalents where possible. I canā€™t find why it does not locate ā€˜mushroom-chips-cardā€™, I installed everything via HACS and if I manually add resources to config.yaml it will not run.
Any hints much appreciated.

I saw I made 3 mistakes:

I updated the first post as well. Hope this helps

@Remko
Perfect, thank you. Seems closer now. The new code copy complained of indentation problem. I still seem to have an issue with ā€˜card templaterā€™ not existing which I have installed via HACS and cannot se any further instructions Iā€™ve missed.

@Remko
Got it, another schoolboy error posting here for other HA newbies. I had not completed step 6 in the instructions here: Lovelace Plugins Ā· thomasloven/hass-config Wiki Ā· GitHub (to create a specific resource).
Many thanks.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your effort and the help already provided. I made it to get the sensors and the dashboard running with the information provided in this thread.

However, I experience a strange behavior, that I donā€™t unterstand. When adding the ā€˜packagesā€™ part to my configuration.yaml all logs and histories are stopping (not only for the new sensors but all). I already deleted the database (I started from scratch, therefore it wasnā€™t an issue for me), but it did not solve the issue.

Do you have an idea, what Iā€™m doing wrong or am missing?

Thanks for the help and have a good start into 2023!

Florian

Maybe you have no recorder settings on your config.yaml at all and my config now defines the defaults.
I suggest adding the recorder section to your config.yaml and define the bare minimum. Something like this:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 14

I think it should work then

1 Like

I confirm what @Remko wrote in the above post becaude it also happened to me. You have two options:

1. remove the recorder section at the energy.yaml in the packages folder
  2. add recorder in your configuration.yaml, copy/paste the section mentioned above and also include all the other entities you need to keep track of.
1 Like

Thank you both!

As Iā€™m new to HA I was not aware of the recoder. For now, I removed the recoder section. Everything works fine for now. I will learn more about the recorder to set it up as required.

Thanks again for your work!