SolarEdge solar panels support

That’s fine :slight_smile:, I was referring to the packages configuration. Just tried it with my own setup (by adding a duplicate) but doesn’t seem to be working. I did find a similar topic with multiple Tradfri gateways. They have similar issues though - sorry I can’t help you any further.

Thank you for letting me know and trying. I’ll check out Tradfri thread .

I had the SolerEdge working file till few versions back (can’t remember which). I have updated the configuration.yaml to the new API and I get no error s in the LOG and no sensors at all.
I might call SolarEdge as one of the posts suggested this might help as I see no firmware update capability nor re-boot in the web monitoring of my system.

Does anyine know what happened to the Storage_ChargeLevel value. This gave the Current Charge State of the Battery/s and seems to have been left out of the HASSIO interface implementation. It is availabale by Solaredge API but either I find this or I need to change all the code back to the API.

Is there someone who can help me? I’ve got a solaredge, but i can’t get it to work in HA. I’ve tested the api and i’m getting this result:
{“overview”:{“lastUpdateTime”:“2020-03-27 12:06:27”,“lifeTimeData”:{“energy”:1.1697751E7,“revenue”:70.5133},“lastYearData”:{“energy”:341303.44},“lastMonthData”:{“energy”:222582.78},“lastDayData”:{“energy”:7376.6562},“currentPower”:{“power”:2307.0},“measuredBy”:“INVERTER”}}

So that’s working, but when i want to setup the integration in HA, it doesn’t save the settings.
I’m running HASSIO version 107.5
I hope that there’s someone here with some pointers.

Hi @gerthjan, I’ve also installed solaredge panels and there’s a much better way to get that integrated than the original API. It’s using the Solaredge Modbus TCP integration. Take a look here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-component-solaredge-modbus-tcp/165625

You’ll be able to get in real time (without delay) and locally your data from your inverter and (if that’s the case, from your meter). Take a look at some of the data you can display:

what type inverter do you have? i’ve added Modbus it to my HA, but it’s nog working. It’s not reading any information. i’ve added everything to my configuration.yaml.
Did you make any ajustments to you inverter?

1 Like

Hi again @gerthjan , mine is SE4000H, quite a small one, but as I understand all current Solaredge inverters support modbus. I did have to enable Modbus via the inverter ‘SetApp’ application, using my mobile, as it was disabled by default in my inverter. I had problems to be able to use the app as I didn’t have access to it, so I had to contact my installer to be allowed to use it (username and password).

@jolaca @gerthjan SolarEdge has recently released the mySolarEdge app. Using this app, also consumers can edit the settings of a HDWave inverter. Previously, only installers could do this using the SetApp.

1 Like

Am I right in saying that the solaredge_storage_chergelevel has been removed.?

Thanks for letting us know! I’ll give it a try. I finally get the needed permissions to use SetApp, but I will try the new customer oriented option you pointed.

@gerthjan, did you finally manage to have modbus working on HA??

Hi guys…
is there any chance to add battery level as a sensor… so it pulls the battery charge status… i think the API call is
o stateOfCharge – number (percentage) – the battery state of
charge as percentage of the available capacity. Values are in
the range of 0 to 100.
or
chargeLevel - The accumulated state of energy (% of charge)
for all batteries

1 Like

Can someone give me some advice how I can integrate this nice picture into lovelace.
I know how to get the datapoints, but am flabbergasted how to present it into such a nice way

Cheers
Heursqem

One solution (the one I use) is
Use custom card.
Available through HACS… its called power wheel card

Hi All,

I’ve been following this thread for some time and one question no one seems to have answered is “would it be possible to recreate the arrows based on what the solar is doing at any moment in time”. I’m keen on trying to figure this out so others would be able to add this to there setups but I need a little assistance with the coding

From the SolarEdge API “https://monitoringapi.solaredge.com/site/0000/currentPowerFlow.json?api_key=0000?0000” this will display the below results and it’s the “connections” data that I’m interested in.

This can display any of the following output

• PV to Load
  • Grid to Load
  • Load to Grid
  • PV to Battery
  • Battery to Load
  • Battery to Grid
  • Grid to Battery

I’m looking to only implement the top three as I don’t have a battery yet. I thought I could break this up with a clever binary_sensor using a template

binary_sensor: 
 - platform: template
    sensors:
      grid_2_load:
        value_template: >-
          {{ is_state("sensor.solar_engery_flow", "[{"from":"GRID","to":"LOAD"}]") }}
        icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state("binary_sensor.grid_2_load", "on") %}
            /local/arrow-red-left.png
          {% else %}
            /local/arrow-red-right.png
          {% endif %}

but this didn’t work so I thought I could use a normal sensor template

sensor:      
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      solar_export_state:
        friendly_name: 'Solar Export'
        value_template: "{{ 'Closed' if is_state('sensor.solar_engery_flow', '[{"from":"GRID","to":"LOAD"}]' ) else 'Open' }}"
        entity_picture_template: "{%- if is_state("sensor.solar_engery_flow", '[{"from":"GRID","to":"LOAD"}]' ) %}/local/arrow-red-left.png{% else %}/local/arrow-green-left.png{%- endif %}"

But still no good. Am I asking too much of this sensor or am I going about this the wrong way?

I’m hoping to create something like this

Let me know your thoughts?

Thanks, Nick

@nixdat If you use solar edge integration for data collection…
then install custom card “power wheel” through HACS … it will cover most of those…
it would be very good starting point… it also has battery…

1 Like

Thanks, @prle77 for the suggestion. I’ve played with the power wheel card in the past and couldn’t really get it working correctly (arrows and colors would point the wrong way or display incorrectly) but I will take another look as I’m rebuilding my HA due to issues with my irrigation system. I would still like to know if what I proposed would still be possible though.

Hi @jolaca, I was wondering what graph card you are using for the bigh graph in your image?

Hi, it’s Grafana add-on. You will need to install influx db and then grafana. It’s a very powerful tool.

hello also I have enabled the modbus via tcp on the solaredge iinverter, but tell me what did you use as a graph?
I would also like to add that graph seen in that way as yours.