Solax hybrid inverter

Hi , someone of you maybe know how many data, Solax Hybrid send to the Solax Portal each time . I suppose every 5 minutes. thanks

Min is every 5 min

Hi, thanks, but i mean, how many data it sends? in byte or kbyte

Having just installed a new Solax X1 Boost inverter, I tried all the different methods to access the json data url.

It seems that Solax has changed this and to access it now you need to be connected to the inverter wifi and use the following url:

http://5.8.8.8:80/?optType=ReadRealTimeData

This will give a json response like this:

{“type”:“X1-Boost-Air-Mini”,“SN”:“XXXXXXXXXX”,“ver”:“2.32.6”,“Data”:[0.0,0.0,60.8,124.8,0.0,247.8,0,32,2.6,25.1,0,0,10,0.00,0.00,0,0,0,0.0,0.0,0.00,0.00,0,0,0,0.0,0.0,0.
00,0.00,0,0,0,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.00,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,49.98,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.00,0,8,0,0,0.00,0,8,2],“Information”:[3.000,4,“X1-Boost-Air-Mini”,“XXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
1,3.24,1.09,1.10,0.00]}

I have removed the serial number for the wifi adapter and inverter.

Data appears to be in same format as here: https://github.com/GitHobi/solax/wiki/direct-data-retrieval

1 Like

Hi All

There is now a solax component in homeassistant, I am currently testing it out.

Looks to only support one inverter, although more can be included but it does not distinguise between the different inverters

I have posted an issue regarding one of the sensor reading being wrongly identified but its a very good start

As its included as a component, noy yaml sensor entries etc, just 3 lines on the config and a few in a template

1 Like

Hello!

Since a week I got my Hybrid inverter running. I´m using the pocket Wifi from Solax and I can´t get it to work with HomeAssistant. It seems the inverter is only accessible thru its on Wifi. What am I doing wrong? I don’t get any data except with the local login from the cloudapp. Help!

BR

/Reik

so you have attached it to your wifi - right
you can connect to the web interface and see firmware, modle etc - right
you can log into the solax online portal and getting al your inverter stats - right

Can you goto http://INVERTERIP/api/historyData.htm & http://INVERTERIP/api/realTimeData.htm

I can login to 5.8.8.8. if connected to the inverters WiFi. But I get nothing on the http://5.8.8.8:80/?optType=ReadRealTimeData or with the IP from my own network. The firmware of my Pocket WiFi is 2.33.7 and I believe the api is changed or removed.

@4x4falcon is it possible to connect the inverter to your home wifi and still access the API?

@squishykid No. The inverter is connected to the home wifi but if I try to access it in any way it requests username and password. I’ve tried every username password combination I can think of and nothing works. What i’ve done is written a script for my Raspberry Pi weather station that’s close to the inverter and use it to access the inverter ap. The Raspberry Pi is connected to the home network by ethernet.

@Reik this might help you connect HA to your X1: https://github.com/squishykid/solax/issues/13

Hi, I’m trying to find a solution for showing actual information and data history from X3 hybrid for Fibaro. I’m willing to pay for learning, how to track a communication from Solax to HC 2 (virtual device). It doesn’t matter if use Raspberry or take communication from cloud.
Many thanks
@roy13
Sam

I’m also trying to find a solution to extract data from my X3 inverter and put it into HA.
My inverter is connected to the Home Network via Pocket WiFi 2.0.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have recently put LAN into my loft for some strange reason, oh, hang on, its so I can get a cable to my Inverters and move al my IT stuff up there

Well, when I have an ethernet cable plugged in, my access on my WiFI network to the inverter stops

Hey, aleast I now have modbus I can connect to it now :slight_smile:

hi guys, i’m really desperate and i need help. I am sincere: I am not a computer scientist and I am not a developer but I need someone to tell me where I can find if someone has ever done it, a program script to read the wifi data of the solax x-hybrid inverter sk-su3700e in the pico-c language.
I need it to include it in Loxone’s home automation programming.
thank you very much

Hi!

Has something happened to integration? Everything was working until yesterday. After rebooting the system, I cannot access the data. ping on 5.8.8.8 works

Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                                                                                         
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 178, in _async_setup_platform                                                                                                                               
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)                                                                                                                                                                      
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for                                                                                                                                                                  
    return fut.result()                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/solax/sensor.py", line 33, in async_setup_platform                                                                                                                                 
    api = await real_time_api(config[CONF_IP_ADDRESS], config[CONF_PORT])                                                                                                                                                                  
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/solax/__init__.py", line 37, in real_time_api                                                                                                                                               
    i = await inverter.discover(ip_address, port)                                                                                                                                                                                          
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/solax/inverter.py", line 74, in discover                                                                                                                                                    
    raise DiscoveryError()                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
solax.inverter.DiscoveryError 

Thanks

Hi - I am scraping data from my two Solutronic Solplus 25 inverters (they are both connected to my network) from their web interface by adding this to configuration.yaml :

- platform: scrape
name: solutronic_current_w
unit_of_measurement: W
scan_interval: 60
resource: http://IP-address/p1.html
select: 'td'
index: 16
value_template: '{{ ( (value.split("W")[0]) | replace (" ", "") ) }}'

- platform: scrape
name: solutronic_yield_today
unit_of_measurement: kWh
scan_interval: 600
resource: http://IP-address/p3.html
select: 'td'
index: 3
value_template: '{{ ( (value.split("kWh")[0]) | replace (" ", "") ) }}'

I was struggling to get my Solax inverter with a pocket-wifi into HA, Finally got it to work via Solax Cloud : PV Solax inverter cloud sensors via API

1 Like

I’ve moved into a new home with an inverter that reports it is an X1 Boost Air Mini. I’m extremely grateful to the hard work of the community here for the fact that I was fairly painlessly able to access its data by connecting it to my wifi and then adding the solax platform in my configuration.

I’m here now to ask a question about the data I’m getting, which is puzzling me. There are two entities of interest to me: sensor.solax_XXXXXX_power_now and sensor.solax_XXXXXX_exported_power

The power_now sensor seems to give very accurate data on solar generation. It correlates pretty much perfectly with my outdoor light level sensors. But this exported_power is a real mystery. For most of the data it pretty much tracks the solar generation, just hanging around at 50-200 watts below what’s being generated. But then there are these periodic negative spikes that would represent between 4 and 7 kilowatts of power being pulled FROM the grid. Now, of course the obvious thing is “something in the house is using a lot of power” … but for the life of my I can’t seem to establish a correlation between this sensor and ACTUAL power consumption in the home. I have a smart plug with energy metering on my washing machine. It can show the machine on a hot cycle using 2.4kw of power, but the difference between my generation and “export” stubbornly remains at 200w. At other times I see this 4kw usage spike, but nothing in the home seems to be on. My only conclusions are a) not everything in my home is actually connected to my solar or b) the generation figure is “live” but the export figure is either hugely delayed or is based on some kind of usage averaging not real-time data. Does anyone out there know more about how this works?

Hello,
I tried desperately to incorporate the whole thing into my environment. Unfortunately without success.

The post is a bit old, do these instructions still work?