Solcast Global Solar Power Forecast Integration

It’s on the Solcast side, I have another app on a different platform and also doesn’t work anymore

My energy dashboard is still populated with Solcast forecasts. As are all Solcast entities:

Solcast fixed it yesterday, all working fine now

Mine was working fine yesterday and suddenly stopped working this afternoon. I get 0kWh forecast now… hopefully it will work again soon

Is this really fixed yet?
I’m having the same issue.
My account is only a day old.

All working fine here

Fine for me too. Note that my Solcast account was created a couple of years ago and I am still allowed 50 api calls though I actually use no more than 15 most days.
Perhaps it’s just those with recently created accounts having difficulty?

Yes same for me, created a long while ago

Don’t really know what’s going on. Reinstalled everything.
I guess I’ll wait a couple of days.
Gotta stick with forecast.solar for now.

No problem here, and my account is pretty new with max 10 refresh per day.

Realised that I am still on HA Core 2023.3.1 - and my Solcast has been working the whole time.

After installing 2023.6.3 my Solcast integration fails. As do a couple of other integrations. I rolled back to 2023.3.1.

I have:

Home Assistant 2023.3.1
Supervisor 2023.06.2
Operating System 10.3
Frontend 20230302.0 - latest

And Solcast works with that config. I am an old “customer” with the original 50 API calls/day limit.

Can not install via HACS. The component is not listed in HACS anymore and using the “My…” link shows:

Repository oziee/ha-solcast-solar not found

please correct. Thanks!

I’m on:

I couldn’t find ha-solcast-solar in HACS so tried using the HACS link on the authors github page, but the installer in HA said the repo wasn’t available. So I ended up installing Samba File Share in HACS and uploaded the unzipped files via Windows Explorer. Heres a youtube video: Home Assistant Beginner’s Setup Guide 2020 with Node red, Google drive, Samba, File editor - How to - YouTube to get you going

I’ve built all my automations in NodeRed, so automations in HA are new to me. Please can you give me a few steps of what I need to do in order to add the code you’ve mentioned?

I don’t have any automation related to Solcast.

Apologies, I’ve probably used the wrong terminology. I meant: create an automation to poll Solcasts API.

But for other views who are not sure what to do, I found this video useful: Recreate a YAML automation using the Home Assistant Automation Editor - YouTube — scroll to 9.47.

Seems like you need to manually add the automation (for HA to assign it an ID) then it can be further tweaked in /config/automations.yaml

It’s not included in HACS’s list by default. You need to click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner on the HACS HA page to add the repo. Then you can install it.

This worked. Thankss

Here is my simple automation :slight_smile:

# Update Solcast forecast at specific time
automation:
- alias: solcast_update
  description: New API call Solcast
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at:
    - '07:00'
    - '09:00'
    - '11:00'
    - '13:00'
    - '15:30'
  condition: []
  action:
    service: solcast_solar.update_forecasts
    data: {}
  mode: single

I have set up this integration this week. I turned the auto API update off, and configured a manual API call 5 times throughout the day as I have 2 sites defined in Solcast.

I am in GMT+10, and at 11am, the API is called and the data is successfully parsed, and I can see 2 API calls are used.

My next update is at 1pm, I then see it shows Exceeded API allowance. I’m making sure to use the update forecasts service, so not entirely sure why it goes from 2 API calls immediately to 10 at the next update. Any ideas?

1 Like