Solis Inverter Modbus integration

If anyone is interested I have started to add in Solis registers into my custom_component there are only 33 sensors at the moment, but once it’s confirm it’s working I can add in the rest.

So far it will only recognise the Hybrid 5G version, assuming it works correctly.

Lesson leaned, and perhaps for others as ignorant as me.

RS485 isn’t necessarily modbus.

The USR adapter I bought talks RS485 but not modbus.

The price of non-conformance as they used to say back in the day.

However the serial to USB adapter I bought has been tested and does read modbus from the inverter.

Small steps.

Tony

Wills106 is the (wo)man!

SOLIS RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G 3.6KW HYBRID SOLAR INVERTER

Mostly working via serial in the UK with homeassistant-solax-modbus.

Let me add, that Will also made Solis RHI-3P10K-HVES-5G working quite well already by adding your model. :slight_smile: I use a Serial to RTH adapter. This is going to be good! :slight_smile:

Post deleted

I have a Solis Hybrid which i am able to control the “charge from grid” register to remotely turn on grid charging.
I also have a configuration.yaml code that figures out the cheapest 2/3/4/5 hour time slots from my Agile rates card. This returns a date/time formatted like this: “2022-11-21T22:30:00Z”

Can anyone help with a way to run a script when current time is within that 2/3/4/5 time slot?

Thanks

I’m running on a different track reading the Solis modbus registers using an Arduino which sends MQTT to my HA (GitHub - PhillyGilly/SolarisS6ArduinoMqtt: Solaris S6 RS485 modbus to Arduino to MQTT) and I am disappointed at the precision of the returned data e.g. active power returned to the nearest 20W. Are you getting better precision with your implementation?

1 Like

I have tried to do exactly this but could successfully get the setup.sh to install. I kept complaining it could find requirements.txt. I copy/pasted all the commands straight from GitHub.

I did this on a Raspberry Pi Zero W with the latest OS Lite flashed with Raspi Imager. Can I ask what version of the OS you used? As I’d like to get this nailed!

Cheers.

I have the same problem. Did you work out how to mitigate this clashing between adapters issue?

I gave this up as I can pull straight from my logger via modbus tcp, no adapter needed.
This way it sends to the cloud and I pull locally as well.
Using this: GitHub - jmccrohan/ha_pyscript_pysolarmanv5: A HA PyScript wrapper for pysolarmanv5
But you have to be lucky for your stick to be supported, not all of them are.

pysolarmanv5 is based on SolarmanV5 protocol which is something like Modbus RTU rather than Modbus TCP; however, it is supported by DLS-W datalogger, which I also have.

How do you get the wrapper feed into HA? Did you build anything to show on the dashboard?

You could also try this repo GitHub - StephanJoubert/home_assistant_solarman: Home Assistant component for Solarman collectors used with a variety of inverters.

Here is my setup after many attempts to connect multiple devices. It is still to be tuned, but the initial work is done. Happy to share more information if needed

I like this out of the box thinking - great solution

Are you then just point the native modbus/solax integration at it ?

Craig

Hi @craigcurtin yes that’s correct

It became a project since. You can check it at

@alienatedsec I’m not sure if I sold you a connector on eBay Exceedconn EC04681-2023-BF Male/Female for Solis/Ginlong Inverter RS-485 port | eBay but my price is now £14 for a m/f pair due to extra costs of shipping from China. Cheers

@PhillyGilly Are you able to Ship to Australia ?

Craig

Hi Craig. Probably. No idea about cost or timescale yet, but happy to investigate. Can you contact me though eBay? If so, we can take this further. Phil

Here you’ll find an ready-to-use ESPhome ModBus register map and config files for ESP8266 and EMW3080 (the MCU used in the S3 WiFi stick). As a bonus, the inverter’s clock will be synchronized via NTP.

1 Like

Hi @HugosDad

Any chance you could provide more images or a wiring diagram? Planning to do exactly this but can’t really make out all the details from your image, looks like you are powering the Pi from the inverters COM-port?

I guess there is some RS485 board under the Pi on the image? Since it looks like the red and yellow wires are going there.

I also see a purple and blue wire, can’t really tell where those are going.

Hello,

This forum has been amazing for getting me very quickly up and running with my Solis RAI-3K inverter. I have all but 3 fields i would like to read; on the inverter LCD there’s readings for:

PV-CT Voltage
PV-CT Current
PV-CT Power

These read as i would expect (for voltage it takes the RAI voltage as theres not a remote voltage measurement input) and for current there is a CT. In the settings this CT can be configured for the house load or PV and in my case i am using it for PV power from the solar inverter.

Has anybody found MODBUS registers for these values?

I could hook upto the PV inverter, its also SOLIS but given this is the last info i need for now, i had hoped to get it with the other data. I did note on another forum post last year somebody was looking for this info, but unclear if they ever received it.

Thanks,
Stuart