Solis Inverter Modbus integration

Sorry for the slow response but I have been on holiday.

Update is every 30 seconds.

I’ll commit the code to git hub and add some instructions. Really need to create a HACS package but don’t have the time right now.

Interesting, have you got any source how to configure the “onboard wifi”?

I ran the Solis TechView apk in an Android emulator and monitored the network traffic with Wireshark.

Basically reads/writes registers in a similar way to modbus. I don’t really know modbus but the registers appear to be the same as in this document.

The code and discussion can be found here. It’s the zip file to download. Not the best use of github but it works.

I have not tested or tried setting at registers. This may or may not work.

The APK will ONLY WORK is directly connect to the WiFi access point. The default password for the direct connect is admin, admin.

On the web interface setup up the Network Setting->Network Connection 2 Setting to:
Protocol: TCP Server
Local Port: 8000 ← this is what is used by the integration.

Passwords for APK:
advanced user: solis123456
installer: solis123

2 Likes

My source code would include the reading of most of the relevant values because I have used that document to write my source code.

I don’t really understand how to turn on the wifi though.

I’m also not entirely sure if my inverter is 100% the same…

@Schorseg I would validate that you can connect with the APK first. If this works then your inverter, Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G, supports WiFi without an WiFi addon.

I also assume, you can locally log into your inverter.

Does anyone know what combination of settings might give me the following 2 behaviours?

Charge from solar: charge the battery from any excess solar but don’t discharge it to cover loads

Discharge for loads only: cover loads with the battery but don’t charge it from any excess solar

Thanks

Usual Self Use mode:
Solar → load, battery, grid
Load ← solar, battery, grid

The Backup Mode (hybrid inverter) with Grid Charge off, and Backup SOC > battery SOC will do some of this, but all solar will go to the battery and all load will come from the grid.

Load will only be supported by the battery if not enough solar and battery SOC > Backup SOC thus charging the battery has priority.

Solar → battery, load, grid
Load ← grid, solar, battery

I think Solis docs say this is
Load ← solar, grid, battery

but my experience is otherwise.

Feed In Mode, with a charged battery should do this. Note that in Feed In mode, the battery is only charged when solar exceeds both the load and grid export capacity, hence you will need to charge it in another mode first.

Solar → load, grid, battery
Load ← battery, solar, grid

I’ve been trying to integrate Solis Modbus on HA. When adding the integration, I’m asked for the IP and TCP port for my inverter. I’ve tried adding the IP address for my Solis datalogger (attached to my Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G) with no luck. I used the default TCP port 502. Is there something I’m missing? Sorry, just getting into this so likely a stupid question.

If you are using a data logger I cannot help as I don’t use a data logger.

If you are connecting directly I would recommend using the app first to ensure no network issues.

Hi, I need some help identifying the Solis inverter model name. I’m targeting register 33000 (Model No) and have obtained the hexadecimal value, but I need to map it to the corresponding Solis inverter model. For example, hex 0x0143 might represent the Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G model. I searched online but couldn’t find a document with this mapping. I would be grateful if you could guide me in this regard. Thanks.