Solved: Airvisual Node Pro Air Quality Monitor Support

In my case, I try to use this data to automate climate devices.
I really need to distinguish two events:

1. Values were read from the device, they are the same because no new measurement was made.
  2. Values were read from the device, they are the same because the new measurement produced the same result.

Hi guy, recently i bought an iqair new outdoor airvisual device( no display) just for outdoor usage. This device seems to havr any SAMBa feature… how to untegrate it in home assistant? Can you give me any ideas? Thx

1 Like

Has anyone been looking into how to connect the Air Visual Outdoor in addition to i\using the Air Visual Pro for Indoors?

1 Like

same question, how do you solve it ?
@bachya do you have any suggestion?

I don’t own an AirVisual outdoor unit, so I can’t know for sure. It may be possible to access the device data via their cloud API.

ok, however, is there a way to get the particulate value instead of the state info (good, moderate and so on) ?

From an outdoor unit? Or something else?

via the cloud API with the airvisual integration

That isn’t currently possible with the integration, as I based it on the (free) Community API. It may be possible that one of the paid-for APIs would provide this.

I just received my Outdoor unit and have it powered up. The device has Samba ports open and does ask me for credentials, but there is obviously no screen to tell me that. Curious if the Samba creds generally have any rhyme or reason to them? I am not beyond trying to brute force this thing. Would really prefer local reporting vs cloud.

Unfortunately, not that I can tell—my indoor unit had a random-looking string.

1 Like