SOLVED: Can't uninstall nodes from palette

I am trying to uninstall a set of nodes (node-red-contrib-kuvork) from the node red add on, but it keeps saying “in use” even though I have deleted all the nodes that were in use. I need to remove these to install another package, but since they conflict I can’t. Is there a way to force uninstall these packages?

Does it have a configuration node? If so, delete it too.

That did the trick. Thanks

Yes. It works.

1. put back the nodes in “Flow 1” let say
  2. in config node, u need to change the node from “On All Flow” to “Flow 1”
  3. Delete the node.
  4. Deploy.

How exactly does one remove the configuration node? It is greyed out and unselectable. The entire palette cannot be deleted until this part stops showing “in use.” Also, I have removed all nodes from my flows so they technically aren’t even in use anyway. This has caused problems for me on more than one occasion.

Double click the configuration node?

Hi,
Appreciate this was marked “solved” but it really wasn’t.
Without SSH, to remove nodes that are “in use” (in my case duplicate names in packages i was testing), go into visual code server: Home Assistant Community Add-on: Visual Studio Code

Go through package.json, package_lock.json, node_modules, nodes and remove reference to the package you dont want.

restart the node red instance from the addons page.

You will have removed unwanted “in use” nodes. This will break your set up if the nodes are legitimately in use, for me they were duplicate names and it was fine.

1 Like