SOLVED - Connecting ha docker to external mysql docker in different host

Its funny how you only mention this now … and yet you keep on saying there is no extra configuration required in any config? :slight_smile:

My recorder config is exactly this:

recorder:
  purge_interval: 7
  purge_keep_days: 14
  db_url: postgresql://user:[email protected]/hass

Thank you!! Mine is similar

1 Like

What do you mean?

There is no extra configuration. You put in the IP address of your database just like the documentation says. What extra configuration am I doing?

Only diff is changing postgress to mysql on that line

Checkout:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/setting-up-mysql-on-a-synology-nas-docker-container

thank you… have seen this done. it’s not the official docker container though, which I don’t really want to use. but thanks as that’s how I would imagine to connect to mysql.

Here you go Sir…

2017-11-10 11:49:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component db_url
2017-11-10 11:49:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for db_url: Component not found.
2017-11-10 11:50:08 WARNING

This is what is on my configuration.yaml

#MySQL Setup
recorder: db_url: mysql://mysqluser:mysqluserpassword@mysqlhost:3306/hassdb

Did you forget that yaml is whitespace sensitive?

your problem is that you need to separate it correctly.

1 Like

Yikes… yaml!!! I will have to kick myself. Thanks I will check that and thanks for the remainder about yaml. :smile:

Really appreciate your time helping me solve this one, it is indeed just an issue with with spacing, just not formatting the configuration base on yaml. Many thanks!

1 Like

Please help on how to connect to external sql server and also how to create odbc connection for sql server in docker which is running windows 8.1.

I run my HA local in Cyprus and the MariaDb in a datacenter in Germany. No difference

My connection look something like this

mysql://user:password@SERVER_IP:3307/DB_NAME?charset=utf8.

My requirement is how to connect to external database which is running on another host using docker.

Which has already been addressed in this very thread… Is there something you’re confused about? It’s no different than any other device on the network

I am not understanding how to create and how to run yaml file in docker.
could please give me clarity on that…

I am working with docker toolbox in windows 8.1 system so I need to connect with external SQL Database which is not running on docker in remote machine.
So what are configuration I need to setup on docker toolbox.

what are you talking about?

Your home assistant runs based on a configuration.yaml file.

add the appropriate config settings AS I ALREADY LINKED, to your configuration.yaml for your home assistant…

It is literally right there on the page I provided and linked. You just need to read it. It seems like you are under the impression that HA cares if it is running on Docker or not. IT DOES NOT CARE.