[Solved] HADashboard stopped working after 0.63.1 upgrade

Yes, my fault :roll_eyes:

Which version? I put some fixes in beta 4 that might help depending on your version of Python

i believe hassio doesnt have beta4 available.
and @namadori uses hassio

Yes, I’m on Hassio 0.64.3, that means AD 3.0.0b2 in @frenck addon.

so youll have to wait untill frenck changes the addon, or create your own.

@frenck was planning on releasing it today - we’ve worked out a system to synchronize hass.io addon releases with the appdaemon release.

1 Like

in that case @namadori can upgrade later on the day or tommorow.

@ReneTode, @aimc is also a member of the add-on repository an can/could release himself. Nevertheless, this upcoming release contains some changes regarding the new security layer of Hass.io. Therefore, I’d like to release myself just for extra checks (since @aimc isn’t running Hass.io).

There is a small delay since I’m moving houses this weekend. My life is in boxes right now. I’ve expected to do a release yesterday, but unfortunately, the move didn’t go that smooth. I’m still planning a release asap.

if i am correct, he said he would not do that himself. (and i cant blame him, i wouldnt do it also if there is no way to test what you release)
thats why i tell people they have to wait for you :wink:

The good news though… Testing the final release now :wink:

1 Like

Released. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@frenck, @aimc thanks a lot to both of you. Now the dashboard is working correctly!!! And for the first time it also got a brand new icon :grin:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

@pck, sorry I was rude, i forgot to mention you too :grin:

1 Like

No problem. Happy your issue got solved :innocent:

Hi, so I’m having the same problem as OP but I’m using Hassio 0.64.3 with the Appdaemon 1.1.0 add-on (2.x) in the Community Addons repo.

I see that upgrading to Appdaemon 3 has solved issues.
What is the best way to migrate over?
Stop the 2.x add-on, install 3.x, change Appdaemon.yaml, profit?

Thanks.

That’s pretty much what I did, was back up and running in about 10 mins :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m looking at putting a fix into AD 2 but it won’t be until the weekend. AD 3 is pretty stable now though.

2 Likes

I basically did that, I just needed a couple changes like moving the apps.yaml file to the apps folder and change the ha_url, but they were all requested in the Log file errors.

1 Like

I feel stupid but I spent like an hour trying to figure out why -c /appdaemon.yaml wasn’t working. Perhaps a better error message could be reported?