[SOLVED] Integration for SmartLink WiFi (SpaNET)

Update: Had to pull the entire thing apart, but looks like they stiffed me with a V2 also :confused: Going to contact them and see what’s possible.

Update: Support tell me that the V2 has limitations that means MQTT will never be supported. However they offered me a 1/2 price update to the V3. Going to order it after payday. Also asked if I can use power monitoring via MQTT but that’s a no-go. It only outputs the amps for the first phase (mine is connected via 3 phase)

1 Like

I wish Spanet would release documentation to their cloud API so that HA could integrate with the cloud just like the mobile app does, but this probably will also never happen. Support tells me that they can not share the API documentation publicly.

Thanks! I got stuck on this also.

The local MQTT option is better than cloud integration anyway.

True.

But MQTT requires upgrading to V3 which in turn requires €€€… Maybe later.

Did you get yours replaced already?

Yep. I emailed SpaLink (Australia) and they sold me a v3 (ESP32 based) for half price, which is about AU$200. Swapped it over and I have my v2 advertised on Facebook Marketplace for AU$180. (No takers yet though).

I’ve written a custom component for the new SpaNET v2 Cloud interface, more info here: Integration for SpaNET (SpaLINK) request - #19 by lloydw

In order to install it, use the following steps:

Requirements

This integration requires hardware that uses the SpaLink from SpaNET equipment.
I can confirm that it is working with v.2 of the SpaLink devices.

Installation

The easiest way to get going is to install this integration in Home Assistant using HACS as a Custom Repository. In the custom repository url use the following url https://github.com/lloydw/hass-spanet.

As an alternative you may install it manually by copying the contents of the custom_components folder to the config/custom_components directory of your Home Assistant installation.
A restart of Home Assistant is required after the download of the integration.

Proceed to Settings > Devices & Services > add Integration and select the SpaNET.