[SOLVED] Lovelace: Launch local Android app in Fully Kiosk Browser?

I created a “user” for each of the tablets and set exception conditions for each of those users.

I wander if there is a possibility to have a floting buttun to get back home to lovelace after launching another app, like an overlays button.

I have seen this in a home, i like this idea on a akuvok system that launches IVMS (android app for cameras) and keeps a small virtual green home button at the right bottom curner, see thsi video
https://youtu.be/lgVYyHYxnH8, at 00:19

Ran into this thread today and ronschaeffer’s solutions works great. Now find something to return to Home-Assistant

I just use the home button to return to HA running in kiosk mode.

Old thread, but thought I would point out that if you have javascript enabled in Fully, this lovelace weblink will open your app with no round trip to the server and no new tab. Gets around the few seconds “reconnecting” time when I turn my tablet on.

entities:
  - icon: 'mdi:speaker'
    name: Spotify
    type: weblink
    url: 'javascript:fully.startApplication(''com.spotify.music'')'
show_header_toggle: false
type: entities

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get it working with any picture card. The url tap action seems to want to still open a new tab

Thank you for this!

Do you know if it is possible to prevent HA from reloading the HA front page when going back from spotify using the home button on tablet?

Thanks!

Mine does not reload when going back to HA from Android apps via the home button.

Are any of the Web Auto Reload settings turned on? All of mine are turned off. That might the culprit.

Hello, I had ‘load start url on home button’ enabled. Everything is working now, thanks!

1 Like

Hello!

What now when weblink has been deprecated?
Any ideas?
(I haven’t updated HA yet)

You don’t need to use weblink. See here [SOLVED] Lovelace: Launch local Android app in Fully Kiosk Browser?

For people landing here looking for a way to launch an android app from a lovelace weburl, or from a picture glance web link, this works as of 2021.10

- entity: camera.doorbell_mainstream
              icon: 'mdi:file-video'
              tap_action:
                action: url
                url_path: 'app://com.hikvision.hikconnect'

to find the path for the app (com.app etc) you can use a free android app called “Package Names”

4 Likes

… or if you are installing app from play store then in the link you can see apps package lik on screen below

e

2 Likes

Thanks, It works Also directly in a Lovelace card.

Is there a way to link to a App Activity? (some apps can have alternative shortcuts on Android, to link to a specific app action)

I am looking to do the following (not sure if possible so maybe you guys can help)

• connect the fully kiosk tablet to a bluetooth speaker (already paired)
  • if the above is not possible bring up the android bluetooth settings page at least.

This can open up the main settings page but then there’s quite a few clicks to get the speaker connected:

service: fullykiosk.start_application
data:
  entity_id: media_player.kitchen_tablet_media_player
  application: com.android.settings

Is there another application value I can use to go straight to BT settings?
The tablet is a Galaxy Tab A running the latest stock Samsung ROM

I’ve tried this, but doesn’t appear to work. Not sure what I’m doing wrong?

show_name: true
show_icon: true
type: button
tap_action:
  url_path: 'app://com.spotify.music '
entity: media_player.spotify_flash

For your information:

You don’t need the REST method anymore.
You can start an application via a service call, like this.

tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: fully_kiosk.start_application
  target:
    device_id: 321aeb02dc2bf2b2f715fada450b9a5e 
  data:
    application: com.microsoft.todos
name: Launch To-Do
icon: mdi:android
icon_height: 20px

You can also use the intent method, but then you required to enable two settings in Fully Kiosk

• Web Content Settings → Enable Popups (PLUS)
  • Web Content Settings → Open Other URL Schemes

You need the full package string correct, or it won’t work.
The easiest way to do this is to go to Fully Remote Web Admin page and look in the Installed Apps list (Hamburger bar)

tap_action:
  url_path: >-
    intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.microsoft.todos/.ui.LaunchActivity;end
name: To-Do
icon: mdi:android
icon_height: 20px
1 Like