SOLVED: Please add support for blinds activated in the IKEA integration

Ok, I hope I can get it done today after work, I’ll have a looksee :slight_smile:

@ggravlingen Ok, I got it updated, and I can authenticate to the bridge (weehee), and the blind appears.
I don’t see all my IKEA units, only 4 of them (all of the ‘non light bulbs’), 1 gateway, 2 switches and a blind.
I have 38 devices attached, most of them are light bulbs.

Now operating the blind.

The arrows is not functional.
The right one (arrow down) is clickable, the left one (arrow up) is not.
The clickable or not does not change depending on the position of the blind.
Clicking on the arrow down, does not update the bottom slider, which makes it difficult to see where the blind is.
So I’ll ignore testing those further.

The bar at the bottom moves the blind up and down. It does move counterintuitive.
The 100% is fully opened. The 0% is fully closed. It is consistent with how much light it lets through, but for me it’s opposite as it should show how much the blind is extended.
But it seems to work consistently.

The bottom slider is not updated to the current position while the blind is moving.

What else can I test?

Now it has all the units. just took a bit of time.

Reports indicate that everything but tracking the current state of the blind works. Type git pull in the folder to get the latest code and restart, please.

1 Like

That was what I did yesterday, and did a script/setup, I’ve just tried pulling again, and it reports no updates, so I think I have testet it on the latest code. Version is reported as 0.99.0.dev0

What does this file read on your computer?

Version 100.0dev0?

I got this conflicting report in the PR where we’re discussing this change (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/26659) so I just want to make sure you’re on the latest version:

1 Like

Hmm no, mine says

MAJOR_VERSION = 0
MINOR_VERSION = 99
PATCH_VERSION = "0.dev0"

I’m pulling this:
sudo git pull https://github.com/ggravlingen/home-assistant.git

If you are in the folder of the repo contents, you only have to do git pull. You could also delete the folder and do a git clone of that url to start all over.

1 Like

Ok, I removed the old, and pulled the new, and now it shows the right version.
So after starting the hass, the blind was ‘unreachable’, so I’ve removed the integration, rebooted, and readded the IKEA gateway.
So far it hasn’t found the blind,but it did find all the other items that is on the system,

I updated my branch to get up to speed with the latest version of Home Assistant, which lead to a few of my changes being lost. I’ve now put back a missing line that will make the covers show up. I’m particularily interested in learning if the state of the blind changes if you change them in the app. That tracking feature is what is currently missing from the feature for it to be added to Home Assistant.

1 Like

What I’ve done so far is create a subfolder called hass
In that I did a
git init
then
git pull https://github.com/ggravlingen/home-assistant.git
and after that a
sudo script/setup
If I no do a
git pull
I get this message:

There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.

Ok, so I did a pull where I wrote the full branch, and got the updated.
The blind showed up as it should.
The status is updating while the blind is moving.
The up/down arrows are working, and are ‘greyed out’ correctly.
If the slider is moved manually, the slider will move the mark to where it is, and update the position continuesly until the marked postition is correct.
I can’t see anything missing or errors currently!

1 Like

Woah, at long last! :partying_face: Thank you so much for testing!

This is what I propose: please do some more tests during the day if you have time. Post a comment here afterwards and if all has gone well, I’ll ask for the feature to be merged.

1 Like

Ok, will do, wished I had more than one to test with :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think for most people 10% open equating to a ‘bit of light’ is the way to go, it’s then in line with lights and wider uses, like industry where a valve is 20% open not 80% closed.

1 Like

I made some timed automations.
It opens the blind correctly with cover.close_cover and opens with cover.open_cover
I’m a bt unsure what command is the correct one for moving it to eg. ‘50%’.
I tried using cover.set_cover_position but that didn’t do anything.
@Mutt It is true it’s the ‘correct’ way of doing it, but it’s still wrong :smiley:

I’m afraid I cannot change this behaviour as as it is defined in the Home Assistant dev docs how to specify open/closed.

1 Like

Not sure either. Did you pass a whole number, eg 50 not 50%?

1 Like

Yes, that is what I mean, it’s the ‘correct’ way, but I still think it’s wrong, but that’s not your problem, that’s a HA problem :smiley:
I got movement to specific postition to work as well.
So everything looks right so far.

OK, I’ll ask for the code to be merged then. Thanks again for all your time!

As a major version of HA was just released, it will take about three weeks for this to end up in the system. Look at the beta releases (there is a beta channel in the hass.io channel) if you want the feature before the next release.

1 Like