[SOLVED] ZHA not working with conbee II

Still looking like HASS OS v8 breaks ZHA integration? I’ve got a pi4 with raspbee II. Looks like I’ll stay with v7.x for a while longer. Hopefully not too long.

It’s fixed now. Some dude named Puddly on the Discord HA channel spent a considerable amount of time assisting in undoing my stupid mistakes. All is well now that we’ve reconfigured zha to do it’s own setup rather than me trying for force some stupid parameters to it.

Would you mind putting what you did on here? I am facing a similar issue so I would love to have an idea.

1 Like

After much analysis we determined the additional configuration parameters I was loading into ZHA via it’s startup in my configuration.yaml was doing stupid stuff so we let the ZHA module figure things out on it’s own by using the following in my configuration.yaml:

#######################################
# Zigbee network
#-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
zha:

Now, life is good. Much better than when I thought I could do a better job by trying to tweak it. :slight_smile:

For me the fix was to upgrade the firmware of the conbee II. Put the conbee in a Windows PC and follow this article: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Update-deCONZ-manually#update-in-windows

1 Like

Do you know what firmware version you went from and to?

Hello,
I had the same issue with the same setup and found that my wifi was interfering on Zigbee.
I restarted my wifi, so just reload the ZHA and it worked fine.

Always try to follow these generic best practice guidelines and tips in regards to avoiding all sources of interference → Generic best practice tips on improving Zigbee network range and general stability · zigpy/zigpy Wiki · GitHub