Some configuration options missing from Sinopé SW2500ZB in Home Assistant with ZHA

Hello!

I got a Sinopé SW2500ZB that I connected to my zigbee network yesterday. It appears properly in Home Assistant, but it seems I’m lacking a number of options / configurations, such as defining the on/off colors and intensity of the led, for instance?

My Sinopé SW2500ZB zigbee signature is the following:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=1, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4508, maximum_buffer_size=71, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=43, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=43, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0100",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0002",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0702",
        "0x0b05",
        "0xff01"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "Sinope Technologies",
  "model": "SW2500ZB",
  "class": "zhaquirks.sinope.light.SinopeTechnologieslight"
}

And this is the device info:

In which we can see it’s properly using the quirks. I also compared the default implementation and the current development one by @claudegel without seeing anything that could help, beside the fact that at least, some attributes are supposed to show but I don’t see them anywhere?

Am I missing something to be able to configure my switch more completely? (I even thought it was possible to have control over the led outside of the on/off mode, which would allow to use it for signals around the house, but maybe I’m mistaken? I do not have one of the Sinopé Gateway to see the available options there)

Thanks!

Hi, if you go on my Git, GitHub - claudegel/sinope-zha: This is a custom quirks for sinope zigbee devices for testing before it is added to zha-device-handlers. It also explain how to setup those quirks in Home Assistant to use and test them before they are merged in zha-device-handlers, in the readme.md file there are all the clusters and information to change the led color and intensity.

Normally you do it via the dev tools/service. look for ZHA.Set_zigbee_cluster_attribute service
I didn’t had time to play with those services but I was able to change led color.

Once you succeed, you can do an automation to have the led color changed or I think even flash the led for example when there is an hydro peak period activ.

Thank you for the pointer Claude! Ended up calling the service like this:

service: zha.set_zigbee_cluster_attribute
data:
  attribute: 0x0002
  cluster_id: 0xff01
  value: 1
  ieee: <ieee of the light>
  endpoint_id: 1

And used 1 as endpoint_id as I wasn’t clear what it represented or should be, and 1 was the only value that ended up working.

A few questions arose from your answer and reading your link:

• What is the OnOff thingy? Tried to use it (attribute: 0x0000 and cluster_id: 0x0006) but it did not work with any of value: 1 or value: 0 - The call succeeded, but I didn’t see any change on the switch (whether it was meaning the switch would be turned on/off or the led of the switch would be… nothing happened)
  • You talked about flashing the led, there does not seem to be an option for that - am I missing it, or are you talking about an automation that would call the service multiple times with different led intensity to make it “blink” ?

And unrelated to that specific topic but nonetheless interesting:

• You talk about hydro peak period… assuming you’re talking about Hydroquébec, and in which case… where do you fetch that information from?!

Thanks a lot!

Hi sorry I miss your last post.

There are two way to catch Hydro Québec peak period signal.

1 Like

I recently installed the Sinope SW2500ZB as well. I was hoping to be able to have access to double-tap triggers (and possible hold) in automations. This seems to be available in the device (or at least when paired with Sinope Gateway, which I unfortunately don’t have):

A single click to turn off the outdoor light, a double-click to turn on the entire kitchen. You’re the one to choose what the light switch will control. (Sinope webpage)

However, after I added the device, none of these options seem to be available in automations as triggers.Is there anything that I need to do to setup the Sinope devices?

@XaF Were you ever able to figure out the option to flash the LED? Also could you guide me as to how you went about changing the colour/intensity of the LED?

Unfortunately no :frowning:
I tried “faking” it by changing the color myself, but that wasn’t very precise/accurate, as there was a delay for the zigbee device to receive the command, and that was also pretty heavy on the zigbee calls.
I would love to figure out how to setup double-tap and hold triggers, but I’m not sure how those are exposed to the sinope gateway, and not convinced it would be supported easily, given how the simple LED is not that easily handled.

I wrote a very basic AppDaemon app that loops over my switches and lights and for those identified to be sinope, exposes a light controller for the LED (actually two: one for the when the switch is on, one for when it’s off), which allows to select color and intensity. I then match that to the closest valid LED color and intensity, and make service calls through zha (as shown in my previous comment) to set the attribute value for the switch/light. This is not at all optimal, and requires to: 1/ do it for all lights initially to initiate what is the current status and 2/ do it periodically in case the value gets changed.

Ever figure out the double-click? I still run a GT130 gateway just for those switches where I want a double-click action. (Works perfectly, BTW) But I can’t control a non-Sinope device through the GT130.