Some MQTT devices greyed out after HA restart

I’m newbie so please bear with me if I’m mixing stuff (Zigbee2mqtt, mosquito, mqtt,…) :slight_smile:

I installed Zigbee2mqtt, Mosquito broker (and mqtt integration), configured it as per instructions, added devices via zigbee2mqtt (permit join). Everything worked splendid until the HA machine rebooted.

Most, but not all, of the devices are normally visible, but a couple of them are:

• greyed out in the dashboard (with the warning “This entity is no longer being provided by the mqtt integration. If the entity is no longer in use, delete it in settings.” if I click them).
  • not listed in zigbee2mqtt
  • listed in settings->devices->MQTT->“devices”.

So the question is: how come some devices are retained, while the others (like 5-6 out of 30!) are greyed out? It’s the same device model (Tuya switch), it’s not the distant ones (it seems they are spread randomly across the house).
What can I [try to] do to make them not disappear after a reboot or to reconnect them? Are those devices “broken”, or is it some setting I can try?

If they are not listed in Zigbee2MQTT, they dropped off your network, probably has nothing to do with the reboot.

• use a USB extension cable and make sure your dongle is plugged in an USB2 port
  • repair your devices, mains powered first, then the battery ones
  • make sure you have enough mains powered devices, so you have a strong Zigbee mesh.

Also, this topic can be usefull

Thanks, I repaired them and they’re online - for now.

I suppose they lost the link due to power outage and didn’t find the route back when the power returned, so they dropped out.