Some weird DNS problem?

Just found this explanation:
https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/3495#issuecomment-1063246444
This confirms some trouble and the DNS change.
Maybe you just try it again later…

Nob

1 Like

Thank you, I will follow it there, I was almost sure, the problem is not on my side. All steps I have made are anyway part of usual maintenance (except rerun of install, but that does not kill anything :wink: ).
My install always has been healthy. So I already suspected some service outside to be faulty.

Well, your invested time is appreciated :wink:

You are welcome!
I felt the same, since I use to keep my installation nice and clean :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally, this saved my day:

sudo systemd-resolve --flush-caches
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

For some reason, I had to run this on my system:

sudo systemctl enable systemd-resolved.service

Everything was working until today when I noticed the superviser was flagged as unsupported. I’m not sure what caused the issue.

5 Likes

Can this:

Or this:

Be run via “SSH & Web Terminal” in the GUI, or does it need to be done on the CLI of the device itself?
I’m running the OS on a NUK, but it’s a PITA to hook up a screen/keyboard each time.

I’m still getting the same issue, have already tried restarting my Pihole (DNS server).

2 Likes

You can do it over SSH. I’m not sure if you can do it within home assistant itself as it’s running in a docker container.

On a side note, I still can’t update because I’m now getting a script error during the update.

New supervisor update is released. All my problems seems gone.

Per the issue line of post #5 above, the problem is with the code signing server, and it is still open, it seems.

So the Supervisor 2022.03.3 (& .2 earlier) update today includes this:

• #3504 Disable CAS until it work

Did this fix the issue?

I have just finished setting up a newer machine for Home Assistant and I noticed my supervisor was not supported. I then went and checked my main machine and it was the same. I also had no issues prior to this. I am running the latest Debian 11 on both machines (I used the tutorial on these forums for the install of Debian, Supervisor & Home Assistant)

Is there anything else that needs to be done? I would like to get this straightened out before switching machines

Regards

Richard

Richard

The update to supervisor-2022.03.3 fixed my issue. It was auto installed earlier.

I am running the same version if supervisor and I still have the issue,

When you run the following

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

sudo systemd-resolve --flush-caches
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
sudo reboot

that did the trick and can not do any harm

3 Likes

Thank you I will give that a try on my test machine

1 Like

Are you seeing the following error in your log?

22-03-11 14:32:49 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.dbus.manager] Can’t load dbus interface de.pengutronix.rauc: The name de.pengutronix.rauc was not provided by any .service files

This was after I ran the above commands and restarted Home Assistant. Not sure if this is a big issue but now Supervisor is showing as official

Yes, but that one I see already for two years and does not any harm.

I will actually kind of panic, if it will not be there :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

LOL Perfect,

Thanks for putting my mind at rest! I am about to switch my Home Assistant installation to a different machine, this threw me yesterday when it appeared on both my main machine and new machine.

You can do it! :wink:

1 Like

When I try to restart I get

Restarting networking (via systemctl): networking.serviceJob for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

systemctl status networking.service
ifup[795449]: ifup: failed to bring up eth0

But I don’t use Ethernet but WiFi. My network/interfaces file has the following content:

GNU nano 5.4                    /etc/network/interfaces                             
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Have you maybe an advice?

1 Like

I had similar error message, solved that installing the debian package:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rauc-service
1 Like