Somfy MyLink Not Working

Could it be that this integration broke or is there some port/IP config i need to open? I was able to use mylink in the past but I get this error now:

Logger: somfy_mylink_synergy
Source: /Users/home/Documents/HomeAssistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py:88
First occurred: 4:53:28 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:53:28 PM

Connection failed for 192.168.1.XX on 44100. Please ensure device is reachable.

Config:

somfy_mylink:
  host: "192.168.1.XX"
  system_id: "somfy"

I did get a telnet response with my parameters:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"targetID":"CC10781F.1","name":"All Shades","type":0},{"targetID":"CC10781F.2","name":"Left Shade","type":0},{"targetID":"CC10781F.3","name":"Center Shade","type":0},{"targetID":"CC10781F.4","name":"Right Shade","type":0}],"id":1}

hi @bendews, first, thanks, this is great. I’ve been up a running nearly since I started my journey with Home Assistant, and I’ve got great automations with Node Red.

I’m wondering if anyone has problems with the integration/functionality just dropping. I then have to restart home assistant, and it usually reconnects, but sometimes requires a couple restarts. It usually happens at least once a day. Two errors I see periodically are posted below but have not been able to link the appearance of the errors with dropping. Meaning, I have not been able to pinpoint when it drops and any resulting errors, and sometimes after errors show up, the covers still work.

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py:125
First occurred: 12:15:03 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:03:26 PM

Recieved timeout whilst waiting for response from MyLink device.
Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/somfy_mylink/cover.py:106
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:03:26 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:03:26 PM

[23213561953872]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1451, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1486, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 499, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 664, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 536, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/somfy_mylink/cover.py", line 106, in async_stop_cover
    await self.somfy_mylink.move_stop(self._target_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py", line 50, in move_stop
    return await self.command("mylink.move.stop", targetID=target_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py", line 59, in command
    return await self.send_message(message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py", line 71, in send_message
    return await self._recieve_data(read_until_string)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py", line 127, in _recieve_data
    raise timeout_err
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py", line 118, in _recieve_data
    data_bytes = await asyncio.wait_for(reader, timeout=self._timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/tasks.py", line 498, in wait_for
    raise exceptions.TimeoutError()
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I am getting the same error now as well…

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/somfy_mylink_synergy/__init__.py:88
First occurred: 9:45:16 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:45:16 AM

Connection failed for XXXXXXXX on 44100. Please ensure device is reachable.

Have you ensured your integration report still shows the same IP address and correct System ID?

Under the Somfy myLink app -> 3 lines at the top left -> Integration -> Control4 -> ensure you have a System ID and then select Get Integration report.

yes it is reserved within the dhcp to the somfy hub

I had an issue updating anything above 0.118.5. I had to go back to 0.118.5 to gain control of my cover devices. I did put in a bug report.

I had the issue with not-reachable bridge at 0.117 and now just gave it a shot and ugpraded to 2020.12 and the blinds are available again. Still don’t know what happened but glad it was resolved.

Edit: stopped working again. No clue what’s going on. I’m thinking of switching to Bond

Edit2: switched to Bond and have no problems with it

Just found Bond based on your post. I was looking at RFLink before this because it keeps everything local. Does Bond need outside internet connection to function? I assume it does due to the API connection I see in the integration help pages.

It was working but now I cannot complete the integration. Strange as I get the IP from the app, system ID and port 44100.

The app(android) gives me a blank integration screen…weird.

Error I get Failed to Connect.

where can i get the System ID? i see it blank in the app

I too am having issues with this integration. I can telnet to the port, and put in the login string:
{“method”: “mylink.status.info”, “params”: { “targetID” : “.”, “auth”: “My-ID-here”}, “id”:1}
And I get an authorization error.
I’ve confirmed that I have the system ID correctly entered into the string above.
Any ideas on how to resolve the auth issue?
Did the API change for mylink?