Somfy Protexial Alarm

Hi @isaste,

Thanks !

OK for the battery sensor => I’m preparing a new version with setting to disable binary sensors => this give battery indicator for Somfy Protexial devices :slight_smile:

For your invert issue :

Hassio logic is to show 'lock" binary entity as “Locked”, when value is “OFF” (and “Unlocked” when “ON”)

To follow this logic, you can enable “Hassio > EnableDisarmedBinarySensors” and you’ll have new binary sensors that will show correct state in UI :

• alarm_all_disarmed
  • alarm_a_disarmed
  • alarm_b_disarmed
  • alarm_c_disarmed

Regards

Hi Florian

I was not aware about that Logic. Thnaks for the info
Concerning your proposal to add new bianry sensors as alarm_all_disarmed, I’m not sure to understand your explanation. Where can I enable this in HA ?
Thanks

I discovered it soon too.

Same problem for “alarm triggered” elements sensor as far as I see… next release will fix this.

To enabled “disarm” binary sensors, go to the “Somfy Proxtial IO Gateway” add-on, go to “Configuration” tab, and add this line in “Hassio” node “EnableDisarmedBinarySensors: true”

On my Hassio, it look like :

Configuration documentation needs to be improved, next release will include some improvements :wink:

Great, it works perfectly
Thnaks

Perfect :slight_smile:

Hi @isaste and @Thomas_Gregg, new releases today :partying_face:

Proxy => 0.7.1 version with improved stability and upgraded documentation (no new feature)

Gateway => 0.8.0 with new feature that should interest you (see changelogs) and a lot of configuration details in documentation.

Have a good sunday.

Regards

Hi Florian

Update done. Again thanks for all that work !
I didn’t tested the new fetaures but plan to test soon the battrery one
For the Pause/Run, I never put on Pause my sensor so not sure I will use that feature, but could be usefull anyway for other users
Simple question completely out of those updates : do you think it’s possible to trigger from HA the External Siren Manually ?

:+1:

Don’t hesitate to leave me feedback about battery sensors :slight_smile:

About your question, as far as I know, it’s not possible to trigger sirens from Somfy Protexial IO web UI, so I think it’s not possible to trigger internal nor external siren from Hassio :neutral_face:.

Hi FLorian

After several month of usage, you add-on is still working perfectly
I changed my host yesterday from Synology to Proxmox + HA to get an Official supported installation
I just have notice in my log the below information about your add-on. As you are the develeoper, it’s perhaps good for you to be informed in case you would like to fix this in your Add-on

21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Gateway
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Gateway
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Proxy
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Proxy
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Télé-information to MQTT
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Télé-information to MQTT
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Gateway
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Gateway
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Proxy
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Proxy
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘startup’ with ‘before’ is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Télé-information to MQTT
21-02-27 12:50:14 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Télé-information to MQTT

I also notice from the begin of the installation of your add-on that I have an alert in my YAML file.
This doesn"t block your Add-on to work properly, but do you have any idea how to correctv this to avoid to have that red message ?

Also just spotted it and still using the add-on. Would be great if we could use it still in the future.

Getting these messages:

21-03-20 18:06:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config 'auto_uart' is deprecated, use 'uart'. Please report this to the maintainer of Télé-information to MQTT
21-03-20 18:06:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config 'startup' with 'before' is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Gateway
21-03-20 18:06:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config 'auto_uart' is deprecated, use 'uart'. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Gateway
21-03-20 18:06:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config 'startup' with 'before' is deprecated. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Proxy
21-03-20 18:06:36 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config 'auto_uart' is deprecated, use 'uart'. Please report this to the maintainer of Somfy Protexial IO - Proxy

Hello guys,
I red with interest all the above discussion. I’ve exactly the same configuration (Protexial + Tahoma) and I plan to do the same as you. As I’m a beginner, I just need to know how to start (initial documentation, link for getting the proxy and the gateway).
Pleas could you tell me ?
Regards

Hello guys,
I red with interest all the above discussion. I’ve exactly the same configuration (Protexial + Tahoma) and I plan to do the same installation as you.

For the time being, I just installed the Proxy and the Gateway.

Tests results :

http://hostname:8093 : {“version”:“1.0.0”,“description”:""}
http://hostname:8093/api/status : {“code”:500,“description”:“Not connected since 07/28/2021 01:16:24”,“dateTime”:“2021-07-28T01:16:26.6897371+02:00”}
http://hostname:8093/api/elements : {“code”:500,“description”:“Unknown state”,“dateTime”:“2021-07-28T01:17:04.0916261+02:00”}

The Proxy seems not to connect to the Protexial Alarm. Username is “u” and my pasword is the right one.

Here are the logs :

info: SomfyProtexialIO.Proxy.Hassio.Startup[0]
Registering Quartz.Net job ‘SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmConnectionJob, SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’
Registering Quartz.Net job ‘SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmStateCacheUpdateJob, SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’
Starting the engine…
info: SomfyProtexialIO.Proxy.Common.Misc.Engine[0]
Running AlarmConnectionJob
info: SomfyProtexialIO.Proxy.Common.Misc.Engine[0]
Running AlarmStateCacheUpdateJob
Engine started
info: SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmConnectionJob[0]
Trying to connect as user ‘u’ via Somfy Protexial IO web scrapping, with Http Client (server ‘http://192.168.x.x:80’)…
info: SomfyProtexialIO.Implementations.API.SomfyProtexialClientWebScrapping[0]
Connecting to Somfy Protexial IO alarm as user ‘u’…
info: SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmStateCacheUpdateJob[0]
Connecting via Somfy Protexial IO web scrapping, with Http Client (server ‘http://192.168.x.xx:80’)… cannot update cache yet
fail: SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmConnectionJob[0]
Exception in AlarmConnectionJob (Somfy Protexial IO web scrapping, with Http Client (server ‘http://192.168.x.xx:80’))
One or more errors occurred. (Name or service not known)
Connecting via Somfy Protexial IO web scrapping, with Http Client (server ‘http://192.168.x.xx:80’)… cannot update cache yet
info: SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmConnectionJob[0]
Trying to connect as user ‘u’ via Somfy Protexial IO web scrapping, with Http Client (server ‘http://192.168.x.xx:80’)…
warn: SomfyProtexialIO.StateCache.Jobs.AlarmConnectionJob[0]
User ‘u’ was never connected

Could somebody help me ?
Many thanks in advance

Hi Florian,

I am not sure if it is only me but it seems with update to the latest Home Assistant version the Add On is broken.

Exception in AlarmConnectionJob (Somfy Protexial IO Proxy REST API (server 192.168.178.123:8093))
      One or more errors occurred. (No route to host)
info: SomfyProtexialIO.Gateway.PlugIns.HomeAssistant.Jobs.MqttPublisherJob[0]
      Alarm never connected yet, cannot initialize plug-in...
      Never connected via Somfy Protexial IO Proxy REST API (server 192.168.178.123:8093), waiting for connection to update cache
      Exception in AlarmConnectionJob (Somfy Protexial IO Proxy REST API (server 192.168.178.123:8093))
      Never connected via Somfy Protexial IO Proxy REST API (server 192.168.178.123:8093), waiting for connection to update cache
info: SomfyProtexialIO.Gateway.PlugIns.Jobs.MqttConnectionJob[0]
      MQTT client not connected to MQTT broker '192.168.178.123:1883'
info: SomfyProtexialIO.Gateway.PlugIns.Jobs.MqttConnectionJob[0]
      Trying to connect to MQTT broker '192.168.178.123:1883' as client '22c4084a-488e-4b6a-bbe6-0361b492da14'...
fail: SomfyProtexialIO.Gateway.PlugIns.Jobs.MqttConnectionJob[0]
      Cannot connect to MQTT broker 192.168.178.123:1883
      Exception connecting to the broker
         at uPLibrary.Networking.M2Mqtt.MqttClient.Connect(String clientId, String username, String password, Boolean willRetain, Byte willQosLevel, Boolean willFlag, String willTopic, String willMessage, Boolean cleanSession, UInt16 keepAlivePeriod)
         at Initia.Mqtt.M2Mqtt.M2MqttClient.Connect(String clientId, String username, String password)
         at SomfyProtexialIO.Gateway.PlugIns.Jobs.MqttConnectionJob.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)