Sonoff Basic and tasmota

Hi Guys
I have not kept up with HA and the last year or so however now I am updating devices etc. My question is that does HA still use the MQTT under the binary sensors ( in the Configuration file ) ?
I notice all my Binnary sensors with Plateform MQTT: is highlighted in RED when using the Studio code server ? It seems to be an error for all my Binary sensors?
The funny thing is everything in HA and app seems to be fine and working. I can still turn the Sonoff basic on and off with no problem etc
Do you still need to add the Sonoff basic to Binary_sensor under the MQTT platform ? or can I delete all the errors. All sensors under MQTT is highlighted red ?

Thanks

The June release of HA introduced a future breaking change to MQTT sensors. You have until September release to update MQTT sensors before they don’t work as they did previously. I would highly recommend reviewing the blog for breaking changes before updating, especially if it will be a span of time in between.

1 Like

Would mind tell me what I basically have to do ? Do you still have to list the devices in the configuration file under the MQTT platform
Thanks

Check this topic:

1 Like