Sonoff /eWeLink component for original firmware

edit: delete

@Makis @plonkis guys you spammed the thread with useless information, what in the world is so hard?

• with 1 phone 1 eWeLink app, by now i assume everyone has the main-ewelink account
  • using THE SAME phone & same app, logout from main-ewelink account
  • create a new 2nd-ewelink account and login if doesn’t login automatically
  • logout out of new 2nd-ewelink account and login with main-ewelink account
  • use share option and share devices from main-ewelink account to new 2nd-ewelink account
  • (possible extra step to accept the devices in new 2nd-ewelink account, i don’t remember exactly)
  • use the new 2nd-ewelink account credentials in HA config

THAT’S IT!

ps: not a particular nice thing to say but it’ll be nice if you could delete your posts related to emulation and whatnot as you might throw of other people reading this thread and ending up in a ball of confusion

2 Likes

@peterbuga
Thanks for the info. I set up as prompted the second account so that is a solution

• previous posts deleted

If I add sonoff exactly as I did before (folders and files under custom_components) with sonoff mentioned in configuration.yaml my home assistant fails to start. I cannot access it on port 8123. I have to use samba to edit configuration.yaml, comment out the sonoff lines, and then it reboots perfectly.

I have downloaded all latest versions off github. Any ideas?

I re-enabled sonoff. Home assistant restarted but:

Component error: sonoff - Integration 'sonoff' not found.
12:11 PM components/hassio/__init__.py (ERROR)
Error loading custom_components.sonoff. Make sure all dependencies are installed
12:11 PM custom_components/sonoff/__init__.py (ERROR)

I can confirm that all files are in the folder. The error message refers to ‘dependencies’ am I missing some python libraries maybe?

All my files are in /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/sonoff

I think ewelink had problems last night, my switches got disconnected many times, so try now that it seems to be stable

Hi
I followed the instructions. However when I add a new device with my main e-welink account when I am trying to share it to the second e-welink account I have to actually connect to the second account in order to accept the the device. This means that instantly HA disconnects from all of the sonoff devices. So I have to delete (#) the sonoff from configurator and restart HA. After I have ti reconfigure the sonoff in configurator and restart HA in order to have available my devices.
Is this how it suppose to work? Any workaround because I really heat to restart HA so often

Yep, you are right. I don’t know what about you guys but eWeLink kills (slows down) my HA pretty often. Guess i’ll have to backup sonoff firmwares and flash alternative ones anyway.

that calls for an improvement then :thinking:

1 Like

I did the same thing mentioned here. I am running 101.3. But even after sharing the device and adding the 2nd ewelink account which have shared account. The same invalid config appears. I have all the files in custom components folder. I initially didnt had the the custom components folder. I manually created the folder and place the files in it. Will it be because of that. I am a newbie in Home assistant configuration. Please help

That would be awesome! :heart_eyes:

Hello! I also have a problem with updating . the configuration check is endless, it does not load during a hard reboot

Hi,

thanks again for your great works @peterbuga
Is there a way to create two sensors: one for the current installed version and one for the lastest available version?

Thanks

hi this is my file/server/configuration.yaml

why my server error???

sorry for my bad english

TBH not quite, mostly because there is no specific version defined for this component in the code. i mean the releases in github are just increments to have meaningful way to display new changes (this also falls under the HACS requests which i’m not inclined to do it right now)

2 Likes

did you added ' around user and password?
did you used the zip / git clone options to get the files?

1 Like

Ok I see ! I’m looking to be notify when the component need to be updated. I almost do that for everything else by checking installed version and available version

1. i added ’ in user e password…
  2. i use clone account in ewelink

you need to install websocket & websocket-client modules, scroll up it has been mentioned too many times now

Hi
Has anyone manage to add a sonoff RF Bridge device to HA? If yes what is the procedure because I can not find the device no matter what I tried. Thanks