Sonoff iFan03 and Home Assistant

Hi,

I had the Sonoff iFan03 working with my HA installation but unfortunately I recently suffered a major crash which meant I lost most of the configuration.

I’m now tasked with rebuilding it from scratch and i’m hitting a few issues that i’m hoping someone might be able to assist with.

I’ve got the Tasmota add-on installed and also the Mosquitto Broker and Tasmota Integrations. These seem to work fine but i’ve noticed that the Tasmota integration has exposed the controller with only basic functionality. I can turn the light off and on and also turn the fan on and off, but i’m no longer able to control the fan speed.

I know that in my previous config I also had to define a seperate fan instance using the MQTT protocol so that I could define the speed controls but it looks like the required configuration for this has now changes. It appears I need to define an ‘mqtt:’ entry and then a fan below that, but I have no idea what configuration I need to put in place in order for this to work.

Does anyone else have a working example of what I should have in my config please?

Thanks

Pete

look thru this thread. hopefully it gives you the info you need.

I no longer use tasmota for my iFan03’s. I went to ESPHome for them.

Thanks @finity

It was a relatively easy fix in the end. I was using the wrong front-end add-on in HACS so just needed to change that to use the percent based version (Fan Percent Button Row instead of Fan Control Entity Row).

Other than that there was no need for additional changes in the YAML Config.

1 Like

So whats the “best” way to run ifan3 in home assistant now?

I’m not really sure what you mean by “run”…

tasmota or ESPHome or something else?

I use ESPHome.

I don’t know if it’s “best” but I use ESPHome for everything else too because of it’s API integration with HA.

So it just makes more sense to keep everything on the same platform and I don’t know of any downsides to it.

1 Like