Sonoff iFan03 with Tasmota Configuration (using MQTT)

Oke, thanks

Why do you guys set FanSpeed to 4 for on? That doesn’t do anything for me?? When I replace 4 with 1 it does turn on (to low).

**qos**  : 0,  **retain**  : false,  **cmd**  : publish,  **dup**  : false,  **topic**  : cmnd/tasmota_8FAD22/FanSpeed,  **messageId**  : ,  **length**  : 31
{"FanSpeed":0}
**qos**  : 0,  **retain**  : false,  **cmd**  : publish,  **dup**  : false,  **topic**  : stat/tasmota_8FAD22/RESULT,  **messageId**  : ,  **length**  : 42

And don’t you guys have the problem that speed in HA isn’t set to off when off?

I am sorry to be a pain, as I’m still new to HASSIO.

Can you please guide me as to what MQTT parameters you used in the Tasmota ifan03 config ? I think you used:

Client-mbrfan
topic-mbrfan

Is there any other name options in Tasmota that I need to adjust to get the if03 working?

I have mqtt working for all my other devices, just having the same troubles of not turning off and same speed as everyone else with the default mqtt / tasmota options.

Apologies for the dumb question

Jason

Just make sure your tasmota mqtt full topic is “%prefix%/%topic%/”, sometimes it gets swapped and causes dramas

Thanks so much for sharing - I’ll have a crack over the weekend !

All sorted - thank you so much for your help !!

finity - you are a genius and your code helped a newbie get up and running - thank you !

Just wondering if your control row can be enlarged? I am trying to get the buttons to be bigger.

I tried using ‘icon_height: 60px’ but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again !

Jason

Thanks!

Not yet. But I might be looking into it at some point. I’ve had one other person ask about that too already.

‘might’ is good enough for me…

Thank You again for the code and effort !

Thanks for the great info posted here - I got my iFan03 to work nicely. I had to modify the yaml slightly, as sending FanSpeed 4 doesn’t seem to do anything. I made the default on state is “1” (low) instead, by modifying:

payload_on: "4"

to

payload_on: "1"

(and then change the 4’s in state_value_template to 1’s)

I’m not sure why that wouldn’t have worked I haven’t changed my config since I originally installed Tasmota on my iFan03.

unless Tasmota has changed something in the way it sends the commands.

Do you have an MQTT sniffer application like MQTTFx or MQTTExplorer? if so you can watch the traffic for your ifan03 when it’s commanded to do things (on/off/speed changes) and see what it’s sending around when you run the Tasmota control console. And then see if it’s different when you control it with HA.

I subscribed to the MQTT server and looked at the messages being sent.
Default buttons discovered by HomeAssistant sent commands like POWER4 ON, but they didn’t work very well:

(POWER1 ON/OFF switched the light on and off fine)

Starting from off, it switches on OK (though with problems):

cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/POWER3 ON
tele/tasmota_8F9DE6/STATE {[redacted] “FanSpeed”:3 [redacted]}
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/POWER4 ON
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/POWER4 OFF
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/POWER3 OFF

I had to turn it off using the Tasmota web gui
Trying again:

cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/POWER4 ON
tele/tasmota_8F9DE6/STATE {[redacted] “FanSpeed”:4 [redacted]}
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/POWER4 OFF
tele/tasmota_8F9DE6/STATE {[redacted] “FanSpeed”:2 [redacted]}

Why did it go to 2? Maybe the POWER commands are the relays, and different combinations are needed to get low/medium/high? Anyway, it was too much trouble to figure out when I could just use FanSpeed (except for speed 4):

cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/FanSpeed 0
stat/tasmota_8F9DE6/RESULT {“FanSpeed”:0}
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/FanSpeed 4
stat/tasmota_8F9DE6/RESULT {“FanSpeed”:0}
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/FanSpeed 1
stat/tasmota_8F9DE6/RESULT {“FanSpeed”:1}
cmnd/tasmota_8F9DE6/FanSpeed 4
stat/tasmota_8F9DE6/RESULT {“FanSpeed”:1}

Well, isn’t that interesting…

I’ve been using the config with the “0” for “off” and “4” for “on” since I switched from the iFan02 to the iFan03 and it has always worked fine…the way I was using it

I made/modified an Fan Control Button Row for my old iFan02 and I never used the standard toggle switches to control my fans and only ever used my button row. And it worked fine like that.

I just tried to turn the iFan03 off & on using the old toggle switch and it didn’t work.

I had to end up changing the config template to use “on” & “off” for the payloads and in the state template. Now both the toggle and my button row work to turn it off and on.

Shameless plug incoming…

If you have tried using my fan control row you should look into it. It makes it so you don’t need to bring up the “more info” pop-up to change speeds.

Here is a link to a recent post I made about all of my button control rows:

But thanks for prompting me to look into this more closely. I’ve been giving out incorrect info for a while and had no idea I was.

Lastest HA update Release 2021.3.3 break the add “fan control entity row” add on.

I’m not sure how to fix this. Did you encountered this too?

Sorry, I’ve moved into a new house and just starting to re-integrate everything. I don’t have ceiling fans installed yet so I haven’t had this integration running. Anyone else running this break after the latest update?

Hi sumasage.

This happened to a few of us.

Have you seen this:

Basically we needed to update our fan configs to include “”

This fixed it for me and a few others, hope it helps.

Yup that fixed it!

Thank you.

Great news. Glad to help.

Wow that’s a lot of reading! I am just getting into HA as well and have just added a iFan03 but it added it as a switch rather that a fan and Mosquito added all the relays but the light is the only one that when turned on the toggle gui stays on. In other words I can turn on the fan at all three speeds but looking at the GUI there is no way to know if the fan is on at all. I am absolutely sure that it is something that I haven’t done just not sure where to start looking. If anybody has a fix or a direction for me to start I would appreciate it.

Got it figured out!