Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

I’ve finally managed to make a custom design for my NSPanel. For now it only has thermostat and lights control, but I’m going to add blinds as well. Took me much longer then I expected, since I’ve never dealt with ESPHome or nextion before and last time I wrote any C++ code was probably close to 25 years ago, but I’m happy with how it turned out (at least visually).

lights

thermostat1
Here’s a link to it in action: NSPanel design - YouTube

7 Likes

I have the same issue -1
Did you ever find a solution ?

I used your code and modified one light (salon)…Holy F it actually worked. Thank you and @DeanoX

I now need to figure out where I am going to put it and what I want it to do. I did have one question on the salon light when I go into it I have 2 slider bars. One dims the other does nothing. how do I get rid of the extra one.

Thanks

Craig

I’ve not found a way to disable the Colour Temp bar. Ideally there would be a widget that was Brightness only - but I dont think there is. I asked for one on my Sonoff kickstarter feedback - but suspect thats a long shot!

Did you update to latest sonoff release? (1.1.1)
Like reflash original firmware then update then reflash ESPHome?

I am trying to make an alarm panel with the customer ui and esphome.
I have made the buttons for the keypad and found some code that when you enter the correct pin it goes back to the main screen.
Did anyone manage to get this pincode from a keypad to arm and disarm the alarm system in HA?

1 Like

hello how I can calibrate internal temperature sensor?
I have esphome installed.

This is really nice review. Very interesting thank you for taking the time to share this.

Love the light control, not been able to do that myself.
Looks fab!

Hey,
I would like to share my NSPanel project.
TLDR:

• NSPanel Firmware for EU Version with the look of lovelace (at least as good as it it possibe with nextion)
  • Works with Tasmota
  • Controlled though custom serial commands (based on comma seperated values)
  • Currently controlled though hacky NodeRed Script which pulls stuff from homeassistant and sends it the panel. (example export from my nodered is in the repo)

screen_cardEntities
screen_cardThermo
screen_popupLight

4 Likes

The code is available here: https://github.com/ilyavolodin/NSPanel so you can just borrow the parts that you need.

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread but hopefully someone can help answer my questions, so I can proceed to buy the nspanel. Is it possible to use the nspanel alongside a shelly 2 dimmer module in order to control 4 dimmable ‘dumb’ gu10 LED’S lights? If one of the physical switches on the nspanel can control the on/off function, is it possible to hold the switch down continuously to increase the brightness, then let go, and hold the same button to decrease the brightness? Or would the physical switch only be capable of turning the lights, via the shelly2 on or off, and the brightness level would have to be controlled via the touchscreen (a slider)?

1 Like

I have not yet unpacked my nspanel, but what you are asking about is software related in my opinion.
Meaning it should be possible.

Not with the std Sonoff firmware…but if you were to flash to ESPHome , absolutely yes. I have a number of ESPHome based switches with momentary buttons that I have programmed to control both local and remote (via HA) brightness. I aim to have the behaviour consistent…single click to toggle. Press and hold …brighten to max, dim to min and repeat. If you release and hold again, change direction of the dim/brighten loop. (This is the behaviour of the old X10 LD11 dimmers and works very well).in some cases I also have double click do something in some case e…g Straight to max brightness.

Once you have ESPHome controlling the buttons on the NSPanel you have all the flexibility you could wish for to create this behaviour. I have an nspanel and dimmer on my test setup currently. I’ll try and create a quick example.

1 Like

Brilliant, that’s what I wanted to hear :slight_smile: I had thought about just using a plain old centre-off retractable switch, using the Shelly 2 dimmer module to give me the smart control, but as I’ll probably have a few smart devices in the intended room, I’m thinking of going for the nspanel instead.

Mashed my NSPanel and Dimmer control switch ESPHome code together…Left hand button controlling external HA connected dimmer. Press to toggle. Hold to Dim/brighten. Demo Here

2 Likes

You need to have the camera set to manual control to be able to get dimming on video.
Otherwise the camera will compensate to maintain a good exposure all the time.

Thanks for sharing that video Dean, it looks like it will do exactly what I have planned in that case. In terms of connections to the dimmer module you are using, that all looks straightforward. That’s convinced me to go for the nspanel and flash it with ESPHome. Not used ESPHome yet, but I have a smart plug with tasmota on that I will practice flashing on while waiting on the nspanel to arrive!

1 Like

Hi there,

I had the same problem when I powered up for the first time after flashing. After flashing, I changed the weather location to my location. The default in the Blakadder release is set to the North Pole. Use the ‘set_weather (your location)’ command to fix this.

Hi there @masto and @Tedsterh

Ribbon cable?? what ribbon cable?? Sadly I was “playing” with my NSPanel and it wasn´t properly seated and now as you said the screen doesn´t come off soooooo I was over the moon when I read your post but I don´t know what cable to fix or how :frowning: Can you please send a pic?? thanks in advance… obvs if it´s fixed after that I do owe you a beer in Madrid!!! what the hell… if it´s not fixed I owe you a beer too :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you mean that cable?? How on earth can you mess with that cable even if it´s not properly seated?