Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

how are you powering the NSPanel to get that serial output?

For me it was 3.5C off, also adjusted it a little. I used another temp-sensor to get it right (for EU version):

adcparam 2,14080,10000,3950
1 Like

I have tried a combination of ways to power the device.

• Bench Power supply to 3.3v
  • Bench Power Supply to 5V header
  • USB UART to 3.3v
  • Assembling the NSPanel and Powering with Live/Neutral

Just cannot seem get the tasmota ssid to advertise.

Then you have a failed flash or faulty hardware

Mines arrive today. Itā€™s much better build qulity than I was expecting at that price.
I have a few ideas about what I want to do with it, but very little time atm so itā€™ll have to wait.

Such a great idea!! An Alarm Panel pageā€¦ sadly I canā€™t really help you there :frowning: hope someone will soon

I started making a YouTube video demonstrating how to use this with ESPHome and ended up spending the whole week on it. But itā€™s done now, embarrassing mistakes and all. Folks here probably arenā€™t the target audience, since you know this stuff, but I wanted to share the results. Sorry about the clickbaity thumbnail ā€“ Iā€™ve never done a custom one before and I thought it would be funny to imitate the stereotypical style.

28 Likes

Thanks a million! I love the video, itā€™s speed makes it nice to follow. The little mistakes kept in so we donā€™t have to make them. With this video we should be able to display our own ui on the ns panel. Brilliant!

1 Like

Happy New Year All,

I can see this thread is mostly about flashing these panels butā€¦ :slight_smile:

I am new to Sonoff/ewelink but have a lot of other smart home stuff and have been running HA for a couple of years. I have just got a new Sonoff Micro and it works well. I also have the new NSPanel on order and this should arrive next week and I am trying to work out how I can add widgets to it to control non ewelink devices via HA without flashing. There are integrations available for standard Sonoff firmware which should handle the the 2 physical buttons fine and I have also been able to trigger HA automations based on the Sonoff micro switching on and off but doing it this way effectively renders the Micro unusable as a physical switch and will mean having to get physical ā€œdummyā€ switches for each HA automation i want to do. So I have my thinking cap on and am looking for ideas pleaseā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

One thing I thought was creating some sort of virtual device in ewelink but the only way I can see to do that is to create a one button remote but while these do get seen by the existing integration, it does not seem to pick up any state change.

Second idea is scenes, the plan would be to create different push button scenes in ewelink that just toggle the same physical Sonoff switch, the advantage being that multiple scenes would only tie up 1 physical device, however again, existing integrations do not seem to detect ewelink scenes in my cloud account :-(.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I havenā€™t thought about yet as I really donā€™t want to have to try and flash the panel or buy a bunch of dummy devices if i can avoid it.

Thanks Pete

I have now been playing with esp home thanks to @masto but i have noticed that the black bezel is smaller than the screen itself so some of the screen is showing behind the black surround on the right side.
On screen you can see the right side of the ha house on the display it is cut off by the bezel.
Anyone else seen this?

Iā€™m seeing the same behavior, and the touchscreen is also a bit off. When I touch the screen the actual press is a bit more to the right. Feels like this is related.

Oh, and by the way: @gijsje I found your Github and used your Nextion HMI file from a while ago as template for my NSPanel. Even though itā€™s double the width, itā€™s a great start. Thank you very much for sharing!

When you have the original firmware you can swipe from the side to change the page.
I have found on this page this is only for the Intelligent series.

It is a bit funny as this screen should have the discovery screen.
Maybe they use a different firmware on there screens or they use an 3.5" Intelligent series what is not a general product

@masto Amazing video, really well done.

I already flashed mine with Tasmota and itā€™s currently nicely built-in in my wall. Can I switch to ESPHome by building an ESPHome firmware and use the Tasmota webinterface to flash it? Would be great if I donā€™t have to get it out of the wall again :slight_smile: .

Yep, you can flash ESPHome from Tasmota, you may have to type ā€œSetOption78 1ā€ in the console before uploading the ESPHome firmware.

Does anyone know where to get the original tft file, so we can revert the display to stock?

2 Likes

Awesome, that would save me a lot of work. Just for my understanding, SetOption78 1 disables the check that verifies whether the uploaded firmware is actually a Tasmota firmware?

I just gave it a shot and asked Sonoff directly. Maybe theyā€™ll provide something.

Yes, itā€™s a undocumented feature to disable OTA compatibility check.

Screen type is known: NX4832F035_011C

1 Like

Do you have any idea why the original Sonoff Nextion firmware can use the screen-swipe features and transparent images? While we canā€™t in the Nextion editor with the NX4832F035_011C?
Screen swipe and transparent images are only supported on Nextion Intelligent hardwareā€¦

They werenā€™t keen on revealing that. One solution to replicate it is:

1. Create a touchcap which on press stored tch0 and started the timer
  2. On release does:
tm0.en=0
if(tch0==0)
// When this is zero we can interpret that as the real end of the drag event
{
  va0.val=va1.val-va2.val
  if(va0.val>125)
  {
    page page1
  }else if(va0.val<-125)