Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

Try replacing your URL with your IP address? I think I saw something about this.

Thanks for this. Iā€™m just trying it now but Iā€™m getting an error:

Error:Invalid Variables:sleep_display.en( Double click to jump to code)

Iā€™m guessing it needs declaring somewhere but Iā€™m not sure where.

Great! Working now. Thank you

It might be because they swapped out the usual resistive touch screen for a capacitive one and didnā€™t fully implement some of the behavior.

1 Like

Did you name your timer sleep_display? I guess itā€™d been better to name that object sleep_display_timer in general, but thereā€™s a 14char limit on names.

Yep, I was really careful with that. What Iā€™ve done now is download your HMI file and then put the rough design Iā€™m working on into that. Literally as I was typing this, the screen went off (Iā€™ve told it to go to zero) so thank you for this.

It does feel like weā€™re at the left hand side of the adoption bell curve with this :grinning:

Sadly, I really donā€™t know enough of anything to help but Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll learn and contribute in time.

I have set the screen to go off when no motion is in the room

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a clever option. How are you doing that, please?

Ok, Iā€™m kind of getting somewhere. But Iā€™ve hit a wall. Iā€™m trying to create a dual state button using crop images.

2 images of 480 x 320
Identical apart from one has a button in the off state and one has it in an on state
Dual state button of 50 x 50 with STA set to crop image
Pic 0 is off state
Pic 1 is on state
The idea is to simulate transparency so I can have round buttons

In the debug window it works fine. On the panel, it does nothing. Iā€™ve tried with a normal dual state button that just changes the background colour and that works fine.

Off state:

On state:

Is there something else I need to do to enable this in real life?

Important information

The EU/European model doesnā€™t fit into a EU/German electric box with a diameter of 60 mm, like this one: One-gang box | One-gang boxes, One-gang junction boxes | Flush-mounting | Electrical Installation | Products | KAISER Elektro

I think itā€™s a standard size in Germany. For the other countries of the EU Iā€™m unsureā€¦

I tried to install the product today, but the NSPanel is just to big.
The diameter of the NSPanel is around 62/63mm.

Now Iā€™m really disappointed of the product :-1:

A M A Z I N G!!! I got two NSPanel from kickstarter and my initial idea was to install tasmota in both of them but after watching your video IĀ“m gonna give it a try to ESPHome, 1000000000000000 GRACIAS!!!

Weā€™ll done sir. Thank you for putting that together.

Thank you. Tasmota is great too. I just donā€™t have enough mental capacity to learn both.

Just landed here and IĀ“m trying to understand your code and blakadderĀ“s, so far tasmota is up and running but IĀ“m stuck with the widgetsā€¦ where do you tell the NSPanel how to control the Xmastree? just as an exampleā€¦

I just want to control a single device (switch.tasmota_5 lets pretend that thats my xmastree). I assumed it was with the ctype ā€œdeviceā€, why do you consider it a ā€œgroupā€? I donĀ“t see anything on my autoexec.be file.

Thanks in advanceā€¦

Hi,

I uploaded all code, the compiled HMI and the HMI project (to modify the HMI) to Github. I added it to my account now, but I am happy to give it away once it is further polished and includes all main functions I want myself. I will later also upload the project files (images, fonts used etc), but as it is time consuming and my time is limited, I will prioritize creating what I need first. :slight_smile:

There was some issue with the Youtube video as Google blocked my Youtube account. After asking for an explanation it was re-opened very shortly afterwards without any explanation. Since the video was done, I managed to add a weather widget that directly reads a Home Assistant weather entity (with some help from ESPHome to pick the right image).

It is very nice to follow this thread to see that there is progress on multiple fronts at the same time. :slight_smile: I agree with Mastoā€™s proposal to try to collect all code/info into one place as it will otherwise soon be difficult to be found.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s looking great! I hope you donā€™t mind, I added a link to the Wiki.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a nightmare. Go through this thread. I think itā€™s around comment 50 or 60. A guy had posted code examples. You have to build an automation to listen for an event, decode it, run an action, then have another automation to write the button state back to the NSP. With ESPHome, you design your interface and stick in a couple of lines of YAML into your configuration. That exposes all your buttons in HA and you can just create much simpler automations to control your devices. Believe me. Tasmota will have you tearing your hair out.

Waitā€¦ what?? Just bought 6 of these to fit my EU sockets.

Edit: My EU Sockets are 68mm. No worries :sweat_smile:

Standard EU sockets are 68mm, which it what they are designed for.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just added a sensor to read an outdoor temperature sensor from HA. It reads it when it first boots but then not again. Anyone know how to refresh it every 5 minutes or something?

Something like this should work, substitute with your own sensor :slight_smile:

text_sensor:
  - platform: homeassistant
    id: sonos_media_title
    entity_id: sensor.sonos_livingroom_currently_playing
    on_value:
      # Push it to the display
      then:
        - lambda: 'id(disp1).set_component_text_printf("infobar", "%s", x.c_str());'
1 Like