Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

never tried, but I thnk mqtt topics are case-sensitive try cmnd/nspanel-4c18/RESULT

Nope that does not work either.

Have you or anybody else succeeded in doing this, I mean do we actually know that it works

:slight_smile:

Also, the alert topic is mixed case:

topic: "cmnd/nspanel-4c18/Backlog"

This NSPanel is really existing and I’d like to get my hands on one of them, at least one!
Where do you buy the NSPanel from? (EU version - or UK version if there’s one). Thanks.

available on amazon: Amazon.co.uk : nspanel

yeah sure, physical buttons work like this (and also the panel itself)

case sensitive doesn’t mean that it upper and lowercase cannot be mixed, I just tested it and it has to be excaptly the topic configured in panelRecvTopic, mixing cases is a different topic and won’t work

MQTT callback for: {'topic': 'tele/tasmota_nspdebugtest/RESULT', 'wildcard': None, 'payload': '{"CustomRecv":"event,buttonPress2,navigate.cardEntities_test,button"}'}
nspanel-test:
  module: nspanel-lovelace-ui
  class: NsPanelLovelaceUIManager
  config:
    panelRecvTopic: "tele/tasmota_nspdebugtest/RESULT"
    panelSendTopic: "cmnd/tasmota_nspdebugtest/CustomSend"
    screensaver:
      entity: weather.k3ll3r
    cards:
      - type: cardEntities
        title: Overview
        key: test
        entities:
          - entity: automation.kleiderschrank_spots_schalter_bett

I have added some updated files, and a lot of information to go with them, on my Nextion Handler project pages. There is now a new Widget UI option that lets you very easily integrate NSPanels with Home Assistant, with only very minimal configuration after a basic installation of premade and template files (an ESPHome config, a precompiled Nextion TFT, and a Home Assistant Python script). This simplified UI blends the original NSPanel widgets, the Home Assistant ‘glance’ cards, and some of the graphical and functional aspects of Mushroom cards and Minimalist UI (the UI mods for HA that have become so popular). After installation, customising your Widgets is as simple as setting up an HA glance card - you simply provide a list of entities (and optionally a name and icon to go with them - although you can template and override all defaults later on to customise the cards if you want). The Widget UI uses a group of pages tiled with a set of adaptable generic cards that are populated sequentially with information from your list of HA entities. The information displayed and the touch interactions adapt to the type of entity being displayed so that it shows useful information and peforms common useful interactions specific to that type of entity (as in the example below).

I’ve now uploaded the Widget UI files (v0.6) with installation instructions if you want to give it a try.

@zigomatic this design was partly based on your suggestion of adapting Mushroom cards to an NSPanel UI - it took a lot of changes to get something vaguely similar working with generic ‘widget’ cards, but it would be possible to come much closer using a non-adaptive, fully customised UI (either with Nextion Handler or another approach).

2 Likes

Thank you @krizkontrolz
I like your new suggestion with “Mushroom like” which I’m using on some dashboards.
Due to some others priorities in my agenda, it will take 1 or 2 weeks before I can take a look and try the NSPanel. It will be my main next work for HA and if the weather is raining, then I can start earlier :slight_smile:

@zigomatic I think you said you had an EU NSPanel? I have made an EU version of the TFT but only have a US NSPanel to test it on, so I don’t want to upload it for general use until someone can test and confirm that it all works properly on the actual EU device. If you are happy to test that for me, that would be great, just let me know when you have time (rain or shine :slight_smile:).

The EU version of the ‘widget’ page has 2 columns x 3 rows (on the ‘clipped’ landscape screen, which gives more room for text, but fewer cards: 3x3 would be much too crammed) and the ‘popup’ pages took a fair bit of redesigning (so the half-screen-width slider bars are shorter).

If anyone else wants to test the EU version, let me know and I will get you the test TFT.

2 Likes

@krizkontrolz Yes it’s a EU version. I sent you a private message in order to continue on this. Thank you so much

Sorry to say I never fixed it. Project is on the shelf for now while working on a new dashboard (with android tablets) and vacuum automation. Thought about trying again but have no new info or something to go on yet.

Does anyone have an idea how best to power the display, I don’t want to switch anything so the switch part is not interesting to me.

It is possible to connect 5V and Ground to the display connector, but the thought of doing that with a slightly slipping Dupont connector makes me not so comfortable. Glad about input, thank you

Is it still going to be wall mounted?
You probably need to recreate the connector and some plate that can be screwed on the wall.

If it’s going to blacked in the same location as the switch used to be then just keep the relay and transformer part and don’t connect the relays to the lights.

Hi, thanks @Hellis81 sorry forgot to mention it is supposed to be on the washing machine so my wife can see what our little PV system is pushing into the house grid without having to get the cell phone out. I would prefer to run it at 5V since we have a small child. That’s why I want to install the panel without a relay. I have found 8 pin (2 row) IDC connectors, but not sure if they will fit on the socket.

hey folks
need some advice.

I tasmotized ns panel.
now I’m trying to wipe it and burn esphome image.
the process is complete with NO errors
and still it won’t connect to esphome.
I keep seeing “tasmotaxxx” in my wifi network although I flashed esphome image.

what am I doing wrong??

pls help, I’m struggling with it for 5 hours

Hi Chen,

What does your ESPHome YAML configuration look like.

At the top of it should be an entry where you named the device - if it has flashed correctly and connected to your local WiFi network then it should show on your network (e.g. check your router) under that local hotst name.
If it can’t connect to your network, then it should set up a fallback access point with the name you provided further down in the configuration - check if that access point is showing up (e.g. disconnect your phone from your WiFi and check what access points are in range).

If neither of those show up, then you probably need to flash ESPHome again.

esphome:
  name: ...device_name...

wifi:
  ap:
    ssid: "... Fallback Hotspot"

I tried to find out if you can use it in HA without flashing esphome or tasmota, but fell down rabbit hole :slight_smile:

Is it possible to control and read temp. ie. using sonoff API integration or something like that? ie. https://sonoff.tech/product-review/tutorial/how-to-add-your-sonoff-devices-on-home-assistant/

@jobraun - I love the new documentation: https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/

:+1:

1 Like

I got an error only in one nspanel:

Black screen and: System data error

Any idea why?

Tasmota is running ok, I restart, run the upgrade command again, but no luck.

@jobraun was just looking at your new docs, they look great. i did notice when you go to the media page the title says alarm.

Craig

Hi @papakigr, if your screen looks like the one in this Reddit post, then I think the flash from the ESP32 to the Nextion part has bricked the Nextion display. I had that happen to one of my displays and haven’t been able to find a way to fix it. (I swapped out a display from another NSPanel where the ESP32 was bricked though, so was able to turn 2 bricked NSPanels into one good one).
If you find a solution, I would like to know too.