Sonoff S40 Wifi Sensor

I recently got this sensor and everything went fine but I’m struggling to integrate it into the energy dashboard. I’ve hunted for quite a while for information on this sensor, and can’t find much info, but it’s my understanding is it’s supposed to integrate just fine. Any idea where I should start?

I have made some progress, after I figured out how to use helpers. That allowed me to enter my sensors onto the energy dashboard. I’m not sure if I completely understand everything yet. There are some incompatibility issues with the sensor. But they do work.

Do you have the Sonoff integration installed? And are you plugs wifi or Zigbee? I have the wifi plugs and witht he sonoff integration (installed through HACS) mine integrated just fine.

Yes, as I indicated in the title it is wifi, and the integration with the HACS worked fine. It was getting it to work in the Energy dashboard that wouldn’t work for me. So I had to install Riemann sum integral sensor and then I was able to add it to my Energy dashboard.

If I recall I had to make a template sensor for it to work on mine, I can share if you are still having any issues

Can you explain how you did this? I just got these plugs and im trying to add them into the energy tab. I tried to use the Riemann sum integral sensor but It doesnt show up when I try to add it to the energy dashboard.

Here :

You need to also wait for it to have something to display, before that it cannot be added to energy board.

1 Like

You can setup the Energy sensor manually for the S40. I had the same issue and this is from the Sonoff LAN HACS integration guide (near the bottom):

After setting this up in my sensor.yaml and restarting HASS, I was able to add it to my Energy Dashboard. Hope this helps.