Sonoff-Tasmota discovery on Hass.io

there is no version 0.6.1… it will be 6.3.0 or 6.4.1 or something like that…

To enable MQTT Discovery, in the Tasmota Console:

setoption19 1

As soon as you do that you should see a device pop up in the dev tools state page and also will get a device in the integration.

1 Like

that is right, 6.4.1 is the firmware version. Will try. Just added
mqtt:
discovery: true
discovery_prefix: homeassistant
in the configuration.yaml and the MQTT broker ip address with that of the R Pi running hassio, just restarting

Tasmota console?? In the Hassio front end or is this in the TasmoAdmin gui?
never mind, got it!

Yes!!! Thank YOU !!! I love this stuff.

like my friend Columbo, one more thing if you don’t mind. My project is to hard wire hack a device that has encrypted wifi using the electric imp card. It is a Budweiser goal light. I plan to take the speaker wire electric signals and use that automation to flash my lights at the same time. I currently use info from the NHL api for this, but it is a delay of 15-30 seconds, a lifetime really. Can you point me to where I can find any other settings I need to change on the D1 and what pinouts I would use. I will power the D1 for now with the usb cable but might add a battery shield or try stealing power from the 4 D batteries in the goal light. I have researched alot, but as I mentioned before, a bit burned out from info overload. If not, cool, thanks for your time and help.

You shouldn’t need any of that…

1 Like

To be clear here, following the guidelines at: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/Home-Assistant it is necessary to:

1. set up the mqtt broker via the hass.io UI Configuration -> Integrations -> Set up a new Integration -> MQTT (and ensure there is no manual mqtt configuration left in the configuration.yaml file);
  2. ensure Tasmota firmware > v6.4.1 is installed;
  3. hass.io v0.84.2 or later is in use;
  4. all Tasmota devices have their Full & Group topics altered from the default format via the following console commands FullTopic %topic%/%prefix%/ & GroupTopic %topic%/%prefix%/; and
  5. all Tasmota devices have MQTT discovery enabled via the console command SetOption19 1.

If all this is done, then, following a hass.io restart, auto discovered Tasmota device HA entities will be found under: Configuration -> Integrations -> Configured -> MQTT section of the HA UI.

After much trial and error I finally adhered strictly to the above and presto all my Tasmota devices were discovered with bulk HA entities created.

Note it appears that with Tasmota v6.5.0 firmware a significant increase in the amount of sensor entities appear to have be being generated.

1 Like

There is one extra sensor (per device) with status information for every device and it provides great information.

i’ve done this and i get this in the console
Connect failed to xxx.xxx.x.x.:1883, rc 5. Retry in 10 sec
01:05:31 UPP: Multicast (re)joined

Ok, I’ve one all of these, multiple times an nothing-no entities and nothing in the integration. Total noob here. Don’t even know where to begin

You have not told us anything about what you have done to set it up

I’ve setup the mosquito broker using the default configuration. Put the following entry into my configuration.yaml.

broker: core-mosquitto. I’ve installed mqttfx and am able to connect to the broker, and publish messages. The mosquito log seems to inicate that devices are connecting to the broker (other than an occasional socket error-but then reconnects)

(from the mosquito log)
1558247865: New client connected from x.x.x.xx as sonoff_fan (c1, k10, u’myuserl’).
1558247910: Client sonoff_fan has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.
1558247910: Socket error on client sonoff_fan, disconnecting.
1558247910: New connection from x.x.x.xx on port 1883.
[INFO] found myuser on Home Assistant
1558247912: New client connected from x.x.x.xx as sonoff_fan (c1, k10, u’myuser’)

in the console of the devices i’ve turned on option19

I do get these errors in the HA log from time to time.

2019-05-17 04:24:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Integration not found: broker 2019-05-17 04:26:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Integration not found: broker 2019-05-17 04:27:31 WARNING (Thread-11) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 1 s 2019-05-17 04:27:31 WARNING (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 1 s 2019-05-17 04:27:32 WARNING (Thread-11) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 2 s 2019-05-17 04:27:32 WARNING (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 2 s 2019-05-17 04:27:37 WARNING (Thread-11) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 4 s 2019-05-17 04:27:37 WARNING (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 4 s 2019-05-17 05:13:58 WARNING (Thread-11) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 1 s 2019-05-17 05:13:58 WARNING (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 1 s 2019-05-17 05:13:59 WARNING (Thread-11) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 2 s 2019-05-17 05:13:59 WARNING (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Disconnected from MQTT (1). Trying to reconnect in 2 s.

and under the hassio tab system option I get a bunch of this
19-05-19 06:47:49 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Auth request from core_mosquitto for myuser
19-05-19 06:47:50 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.auth] Success login from myuser

oh and i’ve reflashed bunch of times so starting with a fresh install. previously, i’ve had the devices emulate wemo and they have all shown as entities.

follow exactly the same steps in above but still can’t see my devices in Configuration -> Integrations -> Configured -> MQTT` section of the HA UI

Connection between MQTT with the devices seems fine. any other possibility ? up to date latest version of Hassio & MQTT & Tasmoto. thanks