Sonoff Tasmota extension for covers

have the same issue here :grinning: hope can find fixe for that!

this happends when use switchemode1 2 and switchmode2 2

Hi,
although Steve has done a great job, I found another fork of Tasmota firmware with shutter implementation, that is perfect for my needs, and works very well.

anyway… @kabongsteve thank you for the time you spent to help me.

Which fork @B1G?

hoping that Steve does not mind

this https://github.com/stefanbode/Sonoff-Tasmota from Stefan Bode

Thanks for the appreciation.

And thanks for the tip of the even better implementation than mine.

I may start using his as well, especially since he’s keeping it in sync with Tasmota.
If I get him to add the “gap” or startup time, then it’d be almost perfect.

Enjoy
Steve

Hi @kabongsteve, first of all, thank you for the great “upgrade” of the firmware.
I have a 4CH switch (touch pannel) and my objective is to use 2 channel to manage the cover motor, and 2 channels for mange some lights. Is It possible?
I’ve flashed my Lx-wifi-03o (4ch) board and i’m doing some tests, but looks like the 4 channels were configured like 2 covers.
imagen
I am trying to do this, is it possible?
imagen
Thanks.

Hi @ctripodi
I’d say its possible, but not the way I’ve coded it.
From the look of the stefanbode bracnh of the sonoff-tasmota it looks like you might be able to do it that way.

have a look at it
Steve

Hello everyone, I’m really a beginner, can you explain to me the whole process very slowly? :joy:Where can I find the firmware? What is the code to insert in the home Assistant?

Is there anyone?

Everything you need is here

Sorry, i’ve a question…
I’ve flashed my sonoffs (6 dual R2 for 6 covers)…
they work…
I use the sonoff button or home assistant buttons. (no space in wall box button 0 and 1 don’t work with my buttons) image
I’m going to integrate them with Google Assistant and IFTTT, but while open and close work stop command doen’t works…
this is my code for mqtt

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: “tele/serranda-ingresso/STATE”
    command_topic: “cmnd/serranda-ingresso/Backlog”
    name: “Serranda ingresso”
    qos: 0
    retain: true
    payload_open: “power1 ON”
    payload_close: “power2 ON”
    payload_stop: “power1 OFF;power2 OFF”
    state_open: “ON”
    state_closed: “OFF”
    optimistic: false
    value_template: >-
    {% if value_json.POWER1 == ‘OFF’ and value_json.POWER2 == ‘OFF’ %} 50
    {% elif value_json.POWER1 == ‘OFF’ %} 100
    {% elif value_json.POWER2 == ‘ON’ %} 0
    {% endif %}

What’s wrong?
I’m also looking for a way to set up covers in order to obtain several sets: 25%, 50%, 75%.
Thanks for the help

Hi there

The fact you’re using “power”, instead of “cover” seems to mean you’re using the standard operation mode and not the cover mode in this firmware variation.

If younused cover mode then the 25,50 and 75 should be possible and you also don’t need backlog

Hi all!
I got he MQTT Cover component working, with this configuration:
However, I see the following behaviour:

• Pressing ‘Open’ (up arrow) in the interface switches on the corresponding relay, after the set pulsetime that relay automatically switches off again.
  • Pressing ‘Open’ again, switches on the relay again (I feel like it shouldn’t?) and it won’t turn of automatically anymore, only when stop is pressed will it turn off again.

Did I configure something wrong? Could I change the behaviour so once that command (0 or 1) has been run an the full timer has elapsed, that action is disabled until the opposite command was run?

not sure where you got the 1,2,3 from, but i believe 1 is for open, 0 is closed, 2 is toggle between open/stop/close/stop.

but you can also send percentages, so send 100 instead of 1 for open or 50 for half way.
If you change the state strings (standard tasmota-sonoff feature to open/close instead of on/off, you can also send that command
Cover1 OPEN
Cover1 CLOSE

you’d need to turn on the debug mode on the sonoff, and see the output in the console log to see why the second open kept opening.

hi folks, I’m designing rolling shutters system for my new house.
I am not yet sure what’s the best hardware for it. Everybody seems to do it with 4CH pro r2.
Would it be possible to do it with Sonoff touch US 2 gang? https://goo.gl/images/3kHfz6
Advantages:

• sexy buttons :slight_smile:
  • no need for cables to go back and forth from 220v to 4CH to physical switch to engine. Just 220v to touch to engine.
  • no need for extra physical dumb buttons. They cost as much as a sonoff.
    Disadvantages:
  • no embedded timer feature
  • no embedded interblocking feature

My [noob] question is: do timer and interblocking have to be in hardware? Couldn’t they be in firmware (custom tasmota) or software (HA) ?

Thanks

Hi Steve,
my precious post is older now, wanted to use your branch with Sonoff T1, but the two buttons are not working well. (looks like they are merged into one logical button).
Now I have found another branch that works very well with the T1:

I post it here because there might be many others looking for a solution for the T1.

Thank you very much anyway, Dieter Fauth.

hi!
I used the following code but it does not work:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “finestra_cucina”
    command_topic: “cmnd/coverdual/Cover1”
    State_topic: “stat/coverdual/Cover1”
    availability_topic: “tele/coverdual/Cover1”
    qos: 0
    retain: true
    payload_open: “ON”
    payload_close: “OFF”
    payload_stop: “STOP”
    payload_available: “online”
    payload_not_available: “offline”
    optimistic: false
    value_template: ‘{{ value_json.x }}’

the result:tapparella

‘{{ value_json.x }}’ …….X ???

may you help me?

Dear madmicio,

The result is because Home Assistant thinks the dual is offline.
The reason is that the tele/coverdual/Cover1 probably is not a valid availability topic.

The component works such that if the topic is defined, it expects it.
Therefore, the confirmation is to comment it out so the system no longer thinks it is defined.

You probably know this already, but you do that by adding a has ‘#’ in front of the line to disable it.
availability_topic: “tele/coverdual/Cover1”
becomes
#availability_topic: “tele/coverdual/Cover1”

If you do want to know what the module returns, you could consider installing a little program which acts as an MQTT client (MQTT.fx has served me well).
Subscribe to that line first, then publish the same line without payload and check the response.

Best regards

To answer your direct question:
If I’m not mistaken, the value template is a definition of how HA should analyse the return which is coming from the MQTT message.
Again, the basis is the check out using a tool like MQTT.fx what is returned, then the appropriate action can be decided.

unfortunately I’m really a beginner. I tried to copy the code published in this post and I tried to adapt it to my dual sonoff.
you’re right the problem is availability_topic: “tele / coverdual / Cover1”
but I do not know how to solve.