Sonoff ZBMINI (01MINIZB) switching but not updating state

I’ve just added a Sonoff ZBMINI switch, connected via a ZBDongle-P, and while it switches pretty much instantaneously via the dashboard it doesn’t seem to update the on/off state reliably - sometimes even after waiting for hours. That means that I can’t actually control the device until it updates, because the control will “bounce” if it thinks it’s in the opposite state to where it actually is and end up immediately undoing the previous command.

I’ve seen some discussion around potential issues with the ZBMINI-L and a firmware update that apparently helps, but I’m not sure if the same applies to the non-L version or if I’d just end up bricking it? I’ve also seen pvto custom firmware mentioned, but again I’ve not used that before and I’m unsure whether it would help?

Relatively new to direct zigbee integrations in general so I’d appreciate any advice!

Hmm… I added an unrelated additional sensor to the network yesterday and the switch has been totally fine ever since. I’d originally assumed the signal strength wasn’t the problem because it was always switching quickly and reliably, but I guess perhaps the transmission power from controller → switch was enough for the distance, but then the confirmation response back from the switch was lower power and sometimes getting lost until the extra sensor was there to act as a repeater?

Anyway, seems to be working now, so unless it starts acting up again in the next week or two I’ll leave it at that.

I have the same issue. Sometimes even, it switches several times in a short span, sometimes the relay sounds, but nothing actually happens, or it spams like 10 relays after a few seconds… Everything works fine from Home Assistant. I’ll buy a motion detector soon, hopefully that fixes the issues for me too. Let me know if you still have any issues please.

Maybe this can help: Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

Can confirm that mine has been working perfectly for two weeks now, since I added the extra sensor to the zigbee network. I’m pretty sure it did just come down to that difference between transmit range and receive range.

That’s super weird, since my 01MINIZB is like 3 meters away from my Controller, and I have a Philips hue in the middle of both. The motion sensor I’m buying is going like 2m further than the switch, so I don’t really know what’s happening here… Signal strength is alright, maybe it’s a defective unit.