Sonos does not work properly since 0.65

Well, it works for me (Hass.io on Pi 3) so you need to provide enough information that we can figure out how our setups are different.

thanks for the response @amelchio That makes sense, i am not running the HA docker with --net=host as i am using Traefik for sll.

Exposing port 1400 would not make much difference as the docker container is on a different subnet.

I am working on the Docker problem in issue 13205; it has a custom component that you can try as a test.

What information do you need. I‘m happy to provide all what you need

Actually, now I managed to reproduce it :+1:.

It happens when changing between two radio stations but only on iOS. I guess this is not Sonos specific but rather a media player UI bug.

1 Like

Confirmed

1 Like

Well, not sure what is happening, been away for the past couple days, came back to find the same results as before, frontend shows idle even though music is playing.

I am able to change the source on the frontend, but still shows idle.

Error:

2018-03-18 12:00:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 131, in async_render
    return self._compiled.render(kwargs).strip()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1008, in render
    return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 780, in handle_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 37, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "<template>", line 1, in top-level template code
jinja2.exceptions.UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'media_duration'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 104, in async_run
    delay.async_render(variables))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 133, in async_render
    raise TemplateError(err)
homeassistant.exceptions.TemplateError: UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'media_duration'

I found that manually shutting python down and restarting HA solved that problem for me.

What happens now if you just restart HA?

EDIT: Restored after a system reboot.

That error is a bit hard to read but it seems to say that you have an automation where the action has a delay which is a template which references media_duration which is not defined when the script runs. :sweat_smile:

I am not sure why that would cause the idle behavior though.

:confused:

Would you mind explaining how you were able to determine the above?

I have another error, which is repeating multiple times, that I would like to troubleshoot.

2018-03-19 12:14:46 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Exception in callback SendfileStreamWriter._sendfile_cb(<Future cancelled>, 50, 44, 83984, 1896768, <_UnixSelecto...e debug=False>, True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/events.py", line 126, in _run
    self._callback(*self._args)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/aiohttp/web_fileresponse.py", line 36, in _sendfile_cb
    loop.remove_writer(out_fd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 351, in remove_writer
    self._ensure_fd_no_transport(fd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 258, in _ensure_fd_no_transport
    fd, transport))
RuntimeError: File descriptor 50 is used by transport <_SelectorSocketTransport fd=50 read=polling write=<polling, bufsize=0>>

Upgraded to 0.65.6, and restore stopped working again.

Im getting this error:

2018-07-23 01:37:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 318, in _async_add_entity
    msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: media_player.dormitorio_ppal_2. Platform sonos does not generate unique IDs
2018-07-23 01:37:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 318, in _async_add_entity
    msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: media_player.comedor. Platform sonos does not generate unique IDs

I would appreciate any help…