SONOS: The easiest way of setting playlist or radio streams

There is a fix coming in 0.51

I used this for awhile (before HASS) and it worked well. I was thinking about going back to it. I opened a bug report once and the developer had it fixed within a week.

Can you explain how the ‘fix’ fixes the problem? I updated to .51 earlier today and still can’t figure out how to get it working. I’ve tried play_media and manually changing the source in the HA front page. Nothing seems to work

Edit: nevermind, I was at lest able to get the ‘select source’ functionality working by just passing in the string of the Sonos favorite. Not ideal, but at least I can get it to play music now!

I am using 0.55.0 and the workaround with using the select_source for playing Spotify playlists works for me. Thanks for sharing this! However, I would like to always play the lists with shuffle. Can I specify this somewhere?

2 Likes

hello

i tried your service call and for me is not working.
got this in log:

media_player.select_source: extra keys not allowed @ data['entity_id:']. Got 'media_player.wohnzimmer'

what they mean with extra keys?

if i leave blanc the service data it works, but all my players start with their last source…

greez Martin

With this config it’s work: (v. 0.57.2)

Script.yaml

- service: media_player.select_source
   data_template:
     entity_id:
       - media_player.schlafzimmer
     source: Now

grafik

5 Likes

Anyone know how to go about getting node-sonos-http-api added as an addon so that it can be run from within hass.io?

1 Like

Is there really still no good way to specify playing something via a Sonos URI?

Playing using sources is great and all, but we don’t always want to fill up our Sonos favorites with a ton of albums just so we can play them via Home Assistant. Also, sometimes these URIs are dynamic and putting them in Sonos Favorites ahead of time isn’t actually doable.

So is the play_media services basically broken for the Sonos platform?

For some reason I’m getting a blank source_list when I attempt to play a favorite playlist using the sonos app…

as of this Sonos update even this way seems broken.

Same here…

The same problem, cannot change source anymore within an automation

The Sonos 10.1 firmware had a change which leaves the Home Assistant source list empty in some cases and so it is not possible to select any source. Should be fixed in 0.92.

More details in issue 22714.

Thank you, works!

Hi I can see that you have many sources for your Sonos. How do I add more sources I only get TV? Thanks

Using the Sonos mobile app, add a channel/station/song/etc to the My Sonos tab by selecting “Add to My Sonos”

1 Like

The sources don’t work for me. I see 2 sources but all favorites and playlists I add to Sonos aren’t showing up in ha. It’s like the lists isnt updating any ore for a long period of time