Sony Bravia TV component with Pre-Shared Key

Maybe i’ve overlooked it, but is there an option to select Netflix as a source?

Take a closer look at this page, it has a ton of information about commands. :slight_smile:

Same issue here, any ideas?

Yes, the same as the answer given to the first question:

This component is for use with a TV, not a BluRay-Player.

Oh apologies, I was meant to say ‘similar’ my bad, also didn’t look at his code properly, and assumed it was the same error as mine. I don’t own a Blue-Ray player, but an Android TV.

I think the issue had resolved itself for now.

@gerard33 is it possible to implement the rest-api-call in pySonyBraviaPSK and media_player.braviatv_psk? I found out that the ircc-calls are somewhat unreliable with newer android-devices. So power off should be implemented similar to the power on behaviour.

edit: here are my PR for pySonyBraviaPSK and the custom-component

@Gagandeep90, would you mind sharing the yaml for your card? It would certainly save me alot of time. :slight_smile:

Sure. I am using the mini media player for it.

artwork: full-cover
entity: media_player.xxxxx
power_color: true
shortcuts:
  buttons:
    - icon: 'mdi:netflix'
      id: Netflix
      type: tvshow
    - icon: 'mdi:arrow-up-bold'
      id: Up
    - icon: 'mdi:youtube'
      id: YouTube
    - icon: 'mdi:arrow-left-bold'
      id: Left
    - icon: 'mdi:circle'
      id: Confirm
    - icon: 'mdi:arrow-right-bold'
      id: Right
    - icon: 'mdi:keyboard-return'
      id: Return
    - icon: 'mdi:arrow-down-bold'
      id: Down
    - icon: 'mdi:home-circle'
      id: Home
    - icon: 'mdi:play-circle-outline'
      id: Play
    - icon: 'mdi:pause-circle-outline'
      id: Pause
    - icon: 'mdi:stop-circle-outline'
      id: Stop
  columns: 3
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
volume: true
volume_stateless: true
1 Like

Why the youtube button is not working for me ? Any help

Same problem, the Youtube button doesn’t work for me.
Florent

Hi Paul I have a similar generation TV to yours
Did you ever get anything working ?
The TV Sideview app still works, but it would be nice to integrate control with HA !

I gave up after a couple of days of hacking things … mainly because the TV is downstairs and I was upstairs writing code and it was a pain to test.
I could try again and use a laptop … no promises though.

That’d be awesome !

There’s also something funky going on with the Sony networking. I have my TV on an IoT VLAN. Even when I allow interVLAN routing, the TV SideView app can’t find the TV (even when given the IP address).

Put the phone and TV on the same VLAN and no problem.

I can’t work out what’s being blocked, as I’m able to access all my other IoT devices from my Trusted network. Not sure if it just can’t handle the different subnetting…

Release 0.3.5 is available on HACS which adds the following features:

• The service braviatv_psk.bravia_command is added to Home Assistant to send commands to your TV like ChannelUp , Return or Up . This can be used to create a virtual remote or for your automations. More info here. Thanks @rchl

• For Android TVs the service braviatv_psk.bravia_open_app is added to open apps on your TV like Kodi or Youtube . The apps must be opened via using the uri of that app. More info here. Thanks @rchl

• It’s now possible to show the HDMI labels you have set on the TV. This means instead of e.g. HDMI2 you can show Sky Q here. Thanks @RogerSelwyn

• Home Assistant >= 0.110 is supported by renaming MediaPlayerDevice in the code to MediaPlayerEntity . This is backwards compatible so HA versions < 0.110 are also supported. Thanks @mories76

2 Likes

How to Power on Tv in automation all comands work in tv 9005 power by remote is on, media_player.turn_on work but braviatv_psk.bravia_command don’t wake up

Hi,

could you share the code?

thanks

@Gagandeep90 already shared his code,a few posts under the picture.:smiley:

Here: Sony Bravia TV component with Pre-Shared Key

1 Like

Thanks its working

Can you tell me how can i add A button for Kodi,Spotify and IPTV ?
I have tried this
curl -H “Content-Type: application/json” -H “X-Auth-PSK: sony” -X POST -d ‘{“id”: 1, “method”: “getApplicationList”, “version”: “1.0”, “params”: [""]}’ http://192.168.1.143/sony/appControl

to get app list but it gives no list only this

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: 1,
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: method
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: getApplicationList,
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: version
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: 1.0,
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: params
curl: (3) [globbing] bad range specification in column 2
JSON Format Error

i have found this to open kodi and spotify but i don’t know how to put it on the remote.
curl -H “Content-Type: application/json” -H “X-Auth-PSK: sony” -X POST http://192.168.1.143/DIAL/apps/com.sony.dtv.org.xbmc.kodi.org.xbmc.kodi.Splash

curl -H “Content-Type: application/json” -H “X-Auth-PSK: sony” -X POST http://192.168.1.143/DIAL/apps/com.sony.dtv.com.spotify.tv.android.com.spotify.tv.android.SpotifyTVActivity

can someone help?

Hi Gagan,

would you mind to post the lovelace code for this mini-media-player card to save me some research & work? :slight_smile: