Speed of camera feed in HomeKit integration

If you connect to the restream over the port 8554 on your frigate instance, with vlc and you show media information do you see your stream as h265 or h264 ?
Just trying to see the difference between your setup and mine, and trying to figure out what i have to adapt.

Thanks.

I can’t get it to stream. It keeps asking for a password, but I don’t have one set for restreaming. Not sure how to do what you are asking.

I’m having this exact same issue… homekit thumbnails look OK, but you click and it won’t work.

I still have the problem, but can’t find a solution. No one seems to talk about this.
Also, the only solution is to make something in parallel to feed HomeKit without HA.

So my thumbnails refresh every 10sec, but no live stream.

Some may not want to run yet another security, camera application, but I have found for HomeKit, Scrypted is the best. You can even use HomeKit secure video if you have an apple subscription. There is a container version, and it was very easy to set up.

I encountered the same problems and luckily I could solve them:
At first the thumbnails worked in HomeKit, but the live-streams didn’t. This was solved by exposing port 8554 (tcp and udp) for the docker-container that generated the camera-streams (in my specific case: a ‘frigate’ docker container, configured to use go2rtc).

After that the live-feed in HomeKit worked, sort of, because the streams were really slow and of bad quality. I could resolve this by adding the attribute
video_codec: copy to the HomeKit configuration:

homekit:
  filter:
    include_entities:
    # --- cameras ---
       - camera.kamera_garage

entity_config:
    camera.kamera_garage:
      video_codec: copy