Spoolman Integration

@b4r7 The latest version supports calling a service which updates a particular spool via spoolman api. Hope this is what you can use for your project :slight_smile:

Thank you for your quick reply! Assuming that I don’t have SSL on a local network with my HA being at 192.168.1.xx:8123 and I used HACS to install Spoolman, when adding an integration, what would the URL be? Would it be the HA IP? This is as basic a setup as can be. It’s HTTP for sure. I think I’m losing my mind here or I’m just missing something extraordinarily simple. Ughhhh.

It seems that there is a misunderstanding. What is your url to access the spoolman dashboard where all your filaments and spools are shown?

You can’t use HACS to install spoolman. You only can use HACS to install my integration but not Spoolman itself.

Well that would explain it! Spoolman needs to be installed as a service on some device and then be connected through the HA connector! I mistakenly thought that an instance of Spoolman itself was being created on the HA platform. Thank you so much for your time and have a wonderful day. 40 years as an engineer and I forgot how to RTFM!

1 Like

Sorry if this is a noob question, but is it possible to calculate filament consumption on Home Assistant with Bambu Lab, or does that only work with Klipper/OctoPrint?

I guess not because Klipper sends the usage to Spoolman back. Bambu has to open some things in their ecosystem to enable this.

How often does the HA Integration update spool usage and new spools? Seems like it is taking days to update at times and I need to reload the addin to get it to refresh.

Thanks for a great addon.

@crzykidd The integration refreshes the data from spoolman by the interval which is set in the initial config

1 Like

Is there a card that would allow me to quickly move a filament from one storage location to another? I am looking for a fast method. Currently I have all my filament in storage bins and move them from the bin to my 5 spool drybox for printing with the MK4 MMU3. I would like to just select the spool and select what location to move it to (static drop down list) that would then call the service to update location in spoolman. For the life of me I can’t find a simple way to do that in HA.

I have a service to do that but thats pretty unconvinient for this use case. I love the idea @crzykidd and I’ve created a FR for that particular case on my repo.

1 Like

Yes I can do it with the service, but struggling with an easy way to do that in HA. I think it will require a lovelace card or some sort of template.

1 Like