Spotify: Add current song to a playlist?

Hey there,
I listen to a lot of music through my Spotify and Alexa devices and have my HASS also connected to my Spotify account to control stuff. I wonder, is it possible to write a script in Home Assistant to add the currently playing song to a pre-defined playlist? Because Alexa can’t do this natively yet, I want to do the workaround through Home Assistant and emulated hue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve thought about looking into this, too. I think that before this is possible, the Spotify media_player component would need to know about the Spotify URI of the track. (Looks like spotify:track:0WnJdw4Clln064oLmQtiWF). You’d need that info first since that identifies the track.

But even with that, the component doesn’t expose any playlist functions that I’m aware of.

Hey man! I upvoted your feature request!
Yeah we may have not the essential features yet even though the Spotify web player in the Home Assistant UI already is able to grab/show the current track. Also, we’re able to play a specific playlist through Home Assistant, but not adding anything to it afaik. I really hope this comes sooner or later. I miss it every day.

Here’s an interim fix:

1 Like