Spotify Lovelace Card

First of all, great card!

What I am wondering is how do you cope with having two Spotify accounts and a lot of Echos. The problem is, I cannot play with my Spotify account on some of the Echos and get the “restricted” error. This means that currently the unplayable Echo is on another account (my wife’s, who also has her own Spotify account). So then she cannot play on “my” Echoes and I need to go to each Echo and say “switch account”. :smiley:

Any solution to this?

Hey, thanks for a great card!
I was thinking of utilizing this for for playing podcasts, but I can find a description on it.
Moreover, I saw it is possible to play podcasts with different speed, at least when I cast to one device. I couldn’t make it work with groups of speakers. This would be a greatly appreciated feature at least for me.

Has anyone managed to display the tracks of a playlist chosen ?

Hello, I’m new to Spotify and recently while integrating the spotcast integration (and lovelace card), my premium membership lapsed which has made this a little more complicated for me.

Two questions:

1. Would that be the reason why the spotify integration no longer allows me to ‘pause’ or select ‘previous’ or ‘skip’ with the original media integration and the spotify lovelace card?

Here’s the error I get when I try to select the pause button in the spotify lovelace card:

"Failed to call service media_player/media_pause. Entity media_player.spotify_redacted does not support this service."
  1. More specifically, and related to to the spotcast integration. Would the lack of premium membership be the reason why this lovelace card is stuck on ‘loading…’? (Doesn’t appear so) Does this integration require me to manually create playlists for them to populate? (This appears to be the case, but I could use some confirmation)

2. Does the need to manually create playlists differ for paid premium memberships?

Here’s what my UI looks like.

Standard media card:

Spotify lovelace card before manually created playlist:

Spotify lovelace card after manually created playlist:

Edit: As you can see my ‘Office Speakers’ display. This section is correctly populating a list of all my Google Home/Chromecast devices.

Hey, has anyone managed to preselect a media player instead of having the “choose player” displayed?
I want to stream to a spotcast device, which is listed among the list of available media players, i.e. when I hover the mouse over “choose player”.

However, all my configuration attempts have failed so far:

spotify_entity: media_player.spotify_account
default_device: media_player.spotcast_player
device: media_player.spotcast_player

Am I missing something?

I have the exact same problem, albeit its with 6 accounts (family) and 12 echos. the problem is that only 1 account is connected to all those echos, which is a problem.
Is there a way for this/spotcast/HA do the redirect to the Alexa instead of the spotify connected devices list?

I am always having the Loading… message. I checked it at the console but it didn’t give me any error log, just a letter with the version of the Spotify-Card

1 Like

Hi, This card was exactly what I was looking for, and the configuration was quite easy up until the last card (my wife’s)…

The default account and my account works 100% on this card and on the built-in media browser. Her account is also functioning on the built-in media browser, but wont load on this card (see screengrab) below.

I have refreshed her sp_dc and sp_key values as per the documentation, but it didn’t make any difference. Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be appreciated?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi All,
I try to get this Spotify Lovelace Card working, but I get this message in the UI:
“Spotcast integration has to be installed for this component to work”

Via HACS, I installed Spotcast. And also the official Home Assistant Spotify Integration is installed and is working:

I installed also the Spotify Lovelace Card and followed the steps described here:

I collected the dc_id and dc_key and put them In my config and secret.yaml.
But the Card gives me this messahe in the UI.

With the error: integration has to be installed for this component to work
In my opinion all integrations have been installed, or am I missing something?
I am running the latest version 2022.8.4 on an RPi4/SSD. No updates are waiting.

Could someone please help me? Kind regards, Bert.

1 Like

Hi, I’m also experiencing the same “loading…” issues as you. I’ve followed your exact same steps with the sp_dc and sp_key refresh too. Did you manage to find a solution?

Unfortunately not. Was hoping to get some help here.

1 Like

Hy, I did everything in the documentation, however still nothing is loading (see screenshot)
can anyone advise me?

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. I finally figured it out.

The problem is that while the “spotify_entity:” key IS looking for the full HA entity name, the “default_device:” and “device:” keys are looking just for the friendly name of the device.
So, if your media player is called “Spotcast Player”, just use that in the config, not the full HA entity name.

default_device: "Spotcast Player"
device: "Spotcast Player"

(I used quotes in mine, not sure if they are required)
(May or may not be sensitive to capitalization, I’m not sure)

This is resolved with the latest update to the Spotcast plug-in. Upgrade and it should go away.

I have the same problem with card just saying “Loading” and “No devices found”, even when using latest version of Spotcast integration (3.6.30) installed via HACS.

This problem occurred a while ago on my docker installation of HA after having worked well for a long time and I never got it to work. I then started from scratch on another computer (Pi 400) and this time by installing HA Operating System to be able to use HACS. I first installed official Spotify Integration, then Spotcast and lastly Spotify-card, both via HACS. Added spotify keys to my configuration according to instructions.

I have checked debug logs and see no errors or warning related to Spotcast. If I cast from Spotify to one of my google speakers the corresponding media player card in HA displays song info and art on the media player which might indicate the Spotify integration is working?

Extract from logs. Does this indicate that Spotcast is working properly or how can I figure that out?

2022-09-06 22:59:31.841 DEBUG (SyncWorker_0) [custom_components.spotcast.spotcast_controller] setting up with account default
2022-09-06 22:59:31.841 DEBUG (SyncWorker_0) [custom_components.spotcast.spotcast_controller] expires: 1662498411 time: 1662497971.8414762

Edit: Hmm, I spent hours trying to get it working before posting here. Now, right after the post I saw that the entity of the Spotify Integration was for some reason inactive. I activated it and now I got the whole thing working. I am sure I haven’t set it to inactive myself so maybe this helps someone else?

Hello, this one of the best addon for HA, Very nice done!
But I got one little feature request.
It would be nice if we can hide the device bar at the bottom. So we can only show the playlist grid. That would make the look on my dashboard a bit cleaner.

1 Like

Cheers all, I use this card in a stack for my mobile view but the player selection is not very smooth on an iOS device. Is there any workaround for this? On Desktop it is working fine with mouseover. Maybe someone has an advice. Thanks. Here also a pic from my card.

Screenshot_20221027_102417

8 Likes

hello can you share your map? thank you

it’s very nice ! can you share your code please ?

1 Like

Getting the same loading message as users above. Can play media through mediaplayer, Spotify integration, just unable to load any players in this card.

Have reinstalled Spotify integration, spotcast and this card and refreshed all keys in all relevant configs.

Above “loading” the card shows the current artist playing.

Is there any suggested actions to take or updates on a resolution?